By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I never thought it would come to this, but after Reach, Halo 3 feels...

skiptomylou41k said:
welcome to current gen gaming...halo 3 was dated the day it came out

200,000 people a day playing Halo 3 say you are wrong and a flame magnet...

Around the Network

being outdated has nothing to do with popularity. Look at counterstrike. Just because you like it doesn't mean it isn't.

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

and just because you dont have a 360 does mean it is =)

skiptomylou41k said:

being outdated has nothing to do with popularity. Look at counterstrike. Just because you like it doesn't mean it isn't.

Again, 10 million people like it...not just me.

Also name me a 3 year old arcadey console FPS game that has:

New game types and updated playlists on a weekly basis

4 player split screen for MP

Vehicles

Custom maps with ability to create user content

Video replay feature

Only thing that can outdate Halo 3 is Halo reach as its clear that no matter how many "halo killers" other companies try to produce, they can't touch its gameplay or its features. Only improve the graphics...which really matter very little when it comes to multiplayer.

I haven't played Halo 3 since I started the Beta but I know I won't be going back. Reach has improved Halo in every aspect in my opinion which is actually astonishing. I played a bit of MW2 after some Reach and MW2 is so simple its funny. Reach will be the new king of FPS's. The funny thing is I feel this way after only playing two maps on a BETA. Imagine when the polished full game comes out. Its going to be mind blowing. I'm actually pretty excited about the campaign as well and can't wait to see how they integrate the armor abilities into it.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
I haven't played Halo 3 again after playing the Beta, but I am sure I would feel the same way. Seems like you have much more control over how well you do now.

I don't know about that.  It feels to me like I have no control over how good I do (maybe my playing style doesn't really fit well with Reach)  I feel like a had a bit more control in Halo 3 than I do with Reach (although the amount of control I had in Halo 3 was shrinking due to the increasing amount of people who were so much better at Halo 3 then me)

Don't get me wrong Halo Reach is a blast for the most part, but one thing that pisses me off are the ridiculously overpowered grenades.   Any noob can chuck a grenade at you and rape your life instantly because of the way grenades get thrown.  

A few other things I hope they change are make the player speed increase by 10-20% and make you be able to jump at least another 25% higher than you can right now, and because of the low speed and low jumping straffing doesn't do a lick of good in this game.

Rocket Launcher is overpowered imo (basically if your anywhere within a 15 foot radius you are gauranteed to die)

yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
I haven't played Halo 3 again after playing the Beta, but I am sure I would feel the same way. Seems like you have much more control over how well you do now.

I don't know about that.  It feels to me like I have no control over how good I do (maybe my playing style doesn't really fit well with Reach)  I feel like a had a bit more control in Halo 3 than I do with Reach (although the amount of control I had in Halo 3 was shrinking due to the increasing amount of people who were so much better at Halo 3 then me)

Don't get me wrong Halo Reach is a blast for the most part, but one thing that pisses me off are the ridiculously overpowered grenades.   Any noob can chuck a grenade at you and rape your life instantly because of the way grenades get thrown.  

A few other things I hope they change are make the player speed increase by 10-20% and make you be able to jump at least another 25% higher than you can right now, and because of the low speed and low jumping straffing doesn't do a lick of good in this game.

Rocket Launcher is overpowered imo (basically if your anywhere within a 15 foot radius you are gauranteed to die)

I think you have to adapt your play style slightly as I have freinds who are also frustrated with Reach due to grenades. People that stick to walls and pop in and out have a hard time with reach from what I see... Others that are on the move non stop and can think of creative ways to use those power ups are much better off.

I can't see how some people think you move too slowly in Halo: Reach. It seems way more fast paced to me than Halo 3. Like you guys, I could never go back to Halo 3 now. The Beta is amazing.

OmegaRugalv3 said:

I felt like this about Halo 3 since playing MW1.

old and dated.

Way to go Dis, you made the perfect troll-magnet thread.