By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3, The Loser That The Fans Think Is Winning.

andremop said:
The fact that sony had to sacrifice everything to make the PS3 a respectable 3rd place (300 dollars price cut- never in the history of videogames that happened) shows how their strategy failed.

And that comment (Skeeuk's) about it being a better console with better games - stupid as ever.

Maybe because a 600$ price tag never happened in the history of VG

you speak as if its the cheapest console on the market O_0

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

The short answer here is that the PS3 has redefined what 3rd place means.

The long answer is that as a gamer, games such as Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, and Zelda: Twilight Princes caters to gamers and long time Nintendo fans such as myself. Nintendo have been doing this for years whether they are in first or last in the console industry. I don't give a rat's @$%# what place Nintendo is in as long as they continue to make quality hardware and software that caters to the gamers, first. Currently, I think it's awesome that the Wii is in first place, and that Nintendo is financially sound for now. The curse here is that there is hardly anyone I know who are hardcore gamers who have a Wii. Almost everyone I know with a Wii talks about Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, etc. Nothing wrong with those "games," But you are not getting the deeper hardcore gaming experience with titles such Oblivion and Bioshock.

Let's ignore the fact that the PS3 is currently in last place this gen thus far. What SONY has going for the PS3 is that it has VERY SOLID 1st/2nd party support, several QUALITY 3rd party exclusives, and VERY HEALTHY 3rd party support if not the best. With all of this, the PS3 continues to relatively increase in demand while the software support continues to grow. You wouldn't think that this is a console that's in third/last place when compared to other generations. The PS3 has got the games, PERIOD. Good for gamers, and good for SONY. This is what counts which helps keep the PS3 in the game as a healthy and viable competitor. The PS3 can remain in third place for all I care. But the PS3 is "wining" because it has proven that it's a gamer's console given its current last place status. No other console has yet to achieve this especially when you see how far the PS3 has come since its launch. Truth, baby.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

the answers to this thread are just great....and sad....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

nen-suer said:
andremop said:
The fact that sony had to sacrifice everything to make the PS3 a respectable 3rd place (300 dollars price cut- never in the history of videogames that happened) shows how their strategy failed.

And that comment (Skeeuk's) about it being a better console with better games - stupid as ever.

it's not my fault they priced it like that... like I said, its their strategy's fault.

After that they indeed had to sacrifice everything to make the PS3 live, for it to become a respectable (I mean it - very respectable) 3rd place.

And $600 price tag happened before, lol! The 3DO!

I don't see the problem....Is it strange that gamers care more about their console and it's games then about how much it sold?

Around the Network
JerzeeBalla said:

Excuse the thread title, I couldnt get what the topic is into words. 

My question is this. I have been registered here for a while now, but this is my first (and probably last) thread. In the last couple of months I have seen numerous complaints about the behavior of Sony/PS3 fans (or fanboys more specifically.) I thought about why people are so upset at Sony fans seemingly superhuman ability to ignore that its in 3rd place and continue to speak as if it is indeed winning the console war. Almost every thread I enter turns into a back and forth between a group of Sony enthusiasts, and a group of people who swear that this site is run by Sony Nazis and the mods dont care. 

I personally think, and this is based on no kind of factual evidence, that the behavior is irritating because the PS3 is the last place console. This kind of behavior was present last gen, just in reverse. XBox fans talked as if it was God's gift to gamers, even though it was utterly destroyed sales wise. Ditto for the Gamecube. Sony fans hated when those camps had the audacity to place their "pitiful" consoles in the same breath as the almighty PS2.

Jump to this gen, and everything is switched. The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

Because some us (particularly I) like to argue incessantly about the same thing over and over again. Why, because its fun! I need no reason to defend my love for Sony other than because its fun to argue about how they are going to dominate the galaxy with their system (and a legion of fan boys.) It only does everything right, so why not rule the Milky Way.

M$ is not exactly in the same place it was at the same time last year and I feel privilleged to the be the person to inform you that as a result the Xbox is getting its RROD tail kicked. It's lost 2 of 3 regions current and for real, let's stop pretending that NA is the only region that matters.

Whoever made the comment about Sony fans being "slopdongs" that was genius. My hats off to you!

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Doobie_wop said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Also, to those who keep telling me it isnt losing, I was saying it is 3rd in sales, which is a fact. I am not here to debate its library's standing, thats another thread. Once again, I didnt know how to title the thread.

The title was simply saying that even though it is last in sales, its fans think it is the shit. As they should. So they talk about it in that manner, and detractors hate it because they think a 3rd place console's fans shouldnt be so damn excited. I mean, its a factual title actually. While its last in sales, plenty of PS3 fans have said in this thread that it is winning.

I don't think any PS3 fans are denying it's third in sales, this thread has been filled with reasons and excuses for why it's in third place, so they understand it's in third but still have hope that it can push to second or it being third doesn't make it any worse as a console. It's the Dreamcast effect, ask any SEGA fan and they will tell you that the Dreamcast was the greatest console of the last generation, despite it being 4th.

This generation is also very different from others, the 360 and the PS3 are very close in term's of sales and the the leading console is also the one with less AAA games. So as other's have said, the PS3 does stand a good chance against the other consoles both in quality software and sales, so that means they feel they have a duty to support that notion and make sure that no one forget's that Sony is still in the race.

As for why people on this site find Sony fan's more annoying, it's probably because before 2009, Nintendo and 360 fan's would neglect the PS3 and bash it for no reason. The PS3 is now a major competitor again, it's been recently been selling more software than both and it's consistently selling more hardware than the 360, so some feel it's time for some retribution. I personally find Nintendo fan's very annoying, they complain about everything and think that they deserve more than everyone else because they stuck with Nintendo. 360 fan's are a little better, but they know how to band together much better and they always ninja troll their way into threads and some will never acknowledge that the PS3 is a fantastic console. This is a generalization. It's similar to what everyone else does on this site. I hope it stop's, but I doubt it.

Your topic could have been worded better, but I hope I answered your question.

P.S. I don't know if it matter's, but I'm a Sony fan.

Yes you did, thanks. And Im sorry if my wording and title caused a shitstorm. I am a Sony fan as well. And i dont want to be pigeonholed. So if I can understand what kind of behavior draws people's ire, I can become a better contributor. Thats my logic anyway. Sometimes it just seems like if you even think the PS3 is a good system, you become public enemy #1. 

And when I said its in last, I meant at the time I made the thread. I wont deny that it has a chance to catch the 360, and I am hoping it at least pulls even before the gen is over. Although if it doesnt I will love it no less.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

andremop said:
nen-suer said:
andremop said:

it's not my fault they priced it like that... like I said, its their strategy's fault.

After that they indeed had to sacrifice everything to make the PS3 live, for it to become a respectable (I mean it - very respectable) 3rd place.

And $600 price tag happened before, lol! The 3DO!

PS3 lived thankx to its games (you know the thing that really matters)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

JerzeeBalla said:

Excuse the thread title, I couldnt get what the topic is into words. 

My question is this. I have been registered here for a while now, but this is my first (and probably last) thread. In the last couple of months I have seen numerous complaints about the behavior of Sony/PS3 fans (or fanboys more specifically.) I thought about why people are so upset at Sony fans seemingly superhuman ability to ignore that its in 3rd place and continue to speak as if it is indeed winning the console war. Almost every thread I enter turns into a back and forth between a group of Sony enthusiasts, and a group of people who swear that this site is run by Sony Nazis and the mods dont care. 

I personally think, and this is based on no kind of factual evidence, that the behavior is irritating because the PS3 is the last place console. This kind of behavior was present last gen, just in reverse. XBox fans talked as if it was God's gift to gamers, even though it was utterly destroyed sales wise. Ditto for the Gamecube. Sony fans hated when those camps had the audacity to place their "pitiful" consoles in the same breath as the almighty PS2.

Jump to this gen, and everything is switched. The Wii is crushing all comers, and the 360 is smacking Sony around in NA. Yet PS3 fans talk as if its the single most important gaming related creation ever. I think this really bothers, or annoys, a lot of people. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or tell me I am very stupid if thats the case? I just want to understand why everything that goes wrong on this board is blamed on Sony fans/fanboys. Are they the cause of every thread derailment? Are they the only ones trolling? The only ones creating threads designed to start trouble? I just want to make sense of what I am reading.

1)Who really cares "who the winner is" let alone posting a thread about those people who oddly care

2)From a pure logical view, the PS3 has sold better considering the release dates when compared to the 360.

3)Again, who really cares?

I can post a thread about the behavior of the community, and i think it is a very relevant thread. Especially when every other thread I am in brings up how much the Sony fans are ruining everything. As one of those fans, I didnt like being the scapegoat for vgchartz ills. So I asked a question (albeit in the wrong way as Ive been shown) and here we are.

Next thread I make I will use more careful wording so the people I am siding with dont turn on me. Sheesh.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.