By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3, The Loser That The Fans Think Is Winning.

Personally I believe it is.

Its not in the lead in terms of sales, but in terms of system power, games and technology. It is out in front.

Just to let you know, this is OPINION.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Around the Network
epinefridis said:
JerzeeBalla said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
You either havn't seen 360/Wii fans troll sony thread(specially PSmove threads) or you only have problems when ps3 fans are trolling not when wii/360 fans do it.

Another PS3 fan who thinks I am attacking the PS3. I HAVE seen them troll, thats my point.

The question I was asking (maybe I worded it wrong) was why are Sony fans the only ones being called out for bad behavior? I see Ninty fans trolling, and MS fans, but the general feeling around here is that Sony fans are destroying the forums. I am asking why everyone seems to think that? 

Τhe answer lies just in front of you, in your own thread. You were attacked several times by Sony fans who didn't even bother to read the OP and they just thought you were being harsh against them.

So...

What where you askin'?

I see. While Im not ready to blame everything on them, I can see why they have been labeled in the manner they have. I have been attacked at least 4 or 5 times in a thread I made to try and defend these fans. It makes it hard for me to post because as soon as I say something good about Sony, or bad about the comp, I will automatically be thrown into this group. Nevermind the fact that I own all 3 consoles and find them all appealing.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Also, to those who keep telling me it isnt losing, I was saying it is 3rd in sales, which is a fact. I am not here to debate its library's standing, thats another thread. Once again, I didnt know how to title the thread.

The title was simply saying that even though it is last in sales, its fans think it is the shit. As they should. So they talk about it in that manner, and detractors hate it because they think a 3rd place console's fans shouldnt be so damn excited. I mean, its a factual title actually. While its last in sales, plenty of PS3 fans have said in this thread that it is winning.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

JerzeeBalla said:
Also, to those who keep telling me it isnt losing, I was saying it is 3rd in sales, which is a fact. I am not here to debate its library's standing, thats another thread. Once again, I didnt know how to title the thread.

The title was simply saying that even though it is last in sales, its fans think it is the shit. As they should. So they talk about it in that manner, and detractors hate it because they think a 3rd place console's fans shouldnt be so damn excited. I mean, its a factual title actually. While its last in sales, plenty of PS3 fans have said in this thread that it is winning.

I quote:

Personally I believe it is.

Its not in the lead in terms of sales, but in terms of system power, games and technology. It is out in front.

Just to let you know, this is OPINION.

Thank you

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

hey, it's vgchartz, what did you expect?

Around the Network

WELL I AM A SONY FANBOY
so my opinion doesn 't count in this MS-dominated site ?

@ OP,

You sound like this guy here. lol

This is just for fun guys!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Well the ps3 is selling more weekly compared to 360, so doesn't that mean it's winning it atleast?

The consoles are gonna be around for a long time still so I don't think you should yet announce it as the last place console.

andremop said:
The fact that sony had to sacrifice everything to make the PS3 a respectable 3rd place (300 dollars price cut- never in the history of videogames that happened) shows how their strategy failed.

And that comment (Skeeuk's) about it being a better console with better games - stupid as ever.

what has MS did sacrifice to make 360 a respectable 3rd place in japan they sold their soul to devil

JerzeeBalla said:

I don't think any PS3 fans are denying it's third in sales, this thread has been filled with reasons and excuses for why it's in third place, so they understand it's in third but still have hope that it can push to second or it being third doesn't make it any worse as a console. It's the Dreamcast effect, ask any SEGA fan and they will tell you that the Dreamcast was the greatest console of the last generation, despite it being 4th.

This generation is also very different from others, the 360 and the PS3 are very close in term's of sales and the the leading console is also the one with less AAA games. So as other's have said, the PS3 does stand a good chance against the other consoles both in quality software and sales, so that means they feel they have a duty to support that notion and make sure that no one forget's that Sony is still in the race.

As for why people on this site find Sony fan's more annoying, it's probably because before 2009, Nintendo and 360 fan's would neglect the PS3 and bash it for no reason. The PS3 is now a major competitor again, it's been recently been selling more software than both and it's consistently selling more hardware than the 360, so some feel it's time for some retribution. I personally find Nintendo fan's very annoying, they complain about everything and think that they deserve more than everyone else because they stuck with Nintendo. 360 fan's are a little better, but they know how to band together much better and they always ninja troll their way into threads and some will never acknowledge that the PS3 is a fantastic console. This is a generalization. It's similar to what everyone else does on this site. I hope it stop's, but I doubt it.

Your topic could have been worded better, but I hope I answered your question.

P.S. I don't know if it matter's, but I'm a Sony fan.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752