By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EDGE reviews Mario Galaxy 2... Oh dear

"Marvel at the pieces, but appreciate the whole. This isn't a game that redefines the genre: this is one that rolls it up and locks it away. We've come so far, from stepping on mushrooms to drop-kicking meteors into the heart of the sun; Galaxy 2 offers a new understanding of where we've been, a new sense of wonder at where we'll go next. [10]"

Links

Didn't expect that did you? :)

Around the Network

Wow, the "oh dear" lead me to believe it was a negative review... Good for Nintendo and the Wii, SMG2 seems to be great and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

As this will become a discussion on reviews and Edge reviews in particular, is Edge known to give out 10s easily? Is it pro-Nintendo? Waht did they give the first SMG?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

EDGE are biased!!!1111 EDGE hate the Wii!!!111one EDGE hate..wait what?

EDGE are awesome!!!!!111

lazyrider said:
Wow, the "oh dear" lead me to believe it was a negative review... Good for Nintendo and the Wii, SMG2 seems to be great and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

As this will become a discussion on reviews and Edge reviews in particular, is Edge known to give out 10s easily? Is it pro-Nintendo? Waht did they give the first SMG?

The gave the original a 10 also. EDGE are notoriously tough to please. They gave Final Fantasy XIII a 5 and God of War III "just" an 8 earlier this year.

lazyrider said:

Lately they've gave out a lot of 10s, but their review average score is rahter low, name any well-known review site and they're way more generous than Edge. I doubt, they're pro- or anti-anything, but PS3 fans may disagree with me. 10/10 as well (the bad thing they gave NSMBW 7/10, what a shame).

Around the Network

thats a vewy edgey talk rit thar!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

good for SMG2 !

Time to Work !

mai said:
lazyrider said:

Lately they've gave out a lot of 10s, but their review average score is rahter low, name any well-known review site and they're way more generous than Edge. I doubt, they're pro- or anti-anything, but PS3 fans may disagree with me. 10/10 as well (the bad thing they gave NSMBW 7/10, what a shame).

Tis good that this game got received positively. But for me, edge is has opposite tastes of me, as I liked both NSMBW and FFXIII more than SMG1

but, atleast I know to pick opposite of what they say!, jk that's a bad idea too. But I'm excited for SMG2 as the first one was much better than Sunshine but not better than M64 IMO

I wasn't expecting less for the GOTY 2010.

Is it really better than Galaxy? I had my doubts but so far the answer seems to be leaning to a yes.