By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should I dorm? How has your experience been with dorming?

i am going to university next semester and i wanted your guys opinions on whether i should dorm or not. Tell me your experiences, why i should, or should not dorm. Thanks. oh, and money is not an issue.

Around the Network

My experiences with dorms has been really good.

I've had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, not worrying about parents bugging me. Can't wait until next year to do it all over again.

lucky you, if i do dorm, i hope i dont get stuck with retards *not literally ofcourse >_

Not sure how its done in America, but here in England I'm in "Halls". Basically a tower block with flats in the city centre filled only with students of the same uni. It has genuinely changed me soo much, I'v become a lot more confident. Its like living in a massive house with all your mates.

Next year is gonna be even better, we r living in a 7 person house, and I'm very good friends with everyone in it.

Definitely give dorming a try. It forces you into a new life, and matures you greatly.

Even if money isn't an issue, I'd rather pocket the +10k/year that it costs to live in a dorm (around here anyways, and I'm 100% positive it's gone up a lot since I looked at prices almost 8 years ago) and bum a room off my parents. Then again, I get along with my whole family really well.

There is essentially no benefit to living in a dorm unless you value living with a bunch of random strangers or you have a bad relationship with your parents. You can always hang out in the dorms as long as you want which is what I did.

A lot of people feel it is part of the "college experience", but whatever, I'm living on my own now and I wouldn't own a house right now if I lived in a dorm for 4 years.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

They make you fill out a match maker form and they will put you with ppl that share your interest

Living in the dorm is an essential part of the college experience.

Not dorming at uni with a bunch of morons is an experience that should not be missed.

I'd do it, but still choose the right dorm. Just moving away from home is reason enough, but a dorm can be really fun

I had a great experience living in the dorms at LSU. Of course, my roommate was one of my best friends in high school (and remains so today). We had lots of fun having music wars with the hip hop fans upstairs or having dorm-wide lan matches in Source.

That being said, when I switched to UNO I moved back home. Free is always better, and it's nice having a full pantry to raid whenever I want.