By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can DS sell over 1,000,000 units per week for the rest of 2007?

last year DS had 4 consecutive weeks over 1 million.

best a console has ever done in one year is PS2 with 5 weeks over 1 million.

with the wel placed weeks this year...DS might manage 6 weeks over 1 million (the last week starts on the 23rd/24th and finishes after christmas.

Around the Network

I think its entirely possible, especially with boxing day sales etc.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

TWRoO said:
last year DS had 4 consecutive weeks over 1 million.

best a console has ever done in one year is PS2 with 5 weeks over 1 million.

with the wel placed weeks this year...DS might manage 6 weeks over 1 million (the last week starts on the 23rd/24th and finishes after christmas.

yep i think it will beat ps2's record

ioi seems to have changed the numbers. The DS, even without Japan, Has 1 million! Go DS!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

no, it sold 1,205,287 last week, this is not inclding Japan

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

If I was in charge on Sony's PSP division I would look at the charts and just say "You know what? Screw it. We're done."

Considering DS sold 685k in one week last week I'm going to make a new prediction. DS is going to sell 1M in 1 week in only the Americas this December!

good lord the adjustments pulled it higher!

From now on we don't even have to include DS in anything....we can compare the three this gen home consoles, the last gen home console, and the 'other' handheld....and we can assume that whatever happens between them all, the DS trounced each one of them, and possibly all of them in one go.

I don't think it will sell over 1 million each and every week, but it will easily average over 1 million per week.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

koffieboon said:
Considering DS sold 685k in one week last week I'm going to make a new prediction. DS is going to sell 1M in 1 week in only the Americas this December!

yeah i think in mid december it will do 1mil only in the US