By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can DS sell over 1,000,000 units per week for the rest of 2007?

DS - just between the Americas and Others has sold ~920k this week.

Japan saw the release of DQIV - so sales should be over 100k easy, bringing the total to something like 1.05 million DS units sold this week.

The question is...

Can the DS continue to move over 1,000,000 units, each week for the rest of 2007?

I'm going to say yes.  But its one hell of an achievement if it can be done. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Yes though maybe Yes

Quite simply, yes. Handhelds own Christmas. I remember working at GS last year and we were always sold out of DS lites

Currently playing: Civ 6

I say it can definitely if supply is there. Sales in NA and EU will only go up from now on until christmas, and the ones in Japan will help it in the week after christmas to be over one million.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I think you made a typo, it is Wii not DS and Super Mario Galaxy not DQIV

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Its possible.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I believe it is possible but there is a very real chance that they slip in late decemeber. Back when Reggie said there would be "unprecedented" wii supply in the same interview he mentioned that DS availability might be tight also, so that could be a problem for hitting this "record" but I don't think it will stop Nintendo from dancing the a happy jig all the way to the bank.

To Each Man, Responsibility

DS will. Wii will have a very hard time making 1 mil in a week. Possible, but unlikely. DS is almost certain though.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I think its possible - the only issue might be whether US can keep up the sales levels of black friday...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

loadedstatement said:
DS will. Wii will have a very hard time making 1 mil in a week. Possible, but unlikely. DS is almost certain though.

I am fairly confident the Wii should hit 1m+ at least one week.  More than likely 2 or 3 even.

To Each Man, Responsibility