By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Mod Nation Racers Review

lol, Nintendo fans threatened by this game. Don't worry guys. Maybe the competition will inspire Nintendo to actually try next time.

Around the Network

Looking good, I may just have to buy this, I love Mario Kart and I know this'll be different especially in terms of handling but the strategic depth and the track creation aspect is too awesome to overlook.

AFAIK 3 reviews so far, all 90%. Looking forward to this game.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I expect mod nation racers sack boy on little big planet within the next 3 months

MikeB said:
AFAIK 3 reviews so far, all 90%. Looking forward to this game.

TheSixthAxis also gave 90

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
eggs2see said:

I can't disagree with you more.  If MNR isn't to be compared to MK then why do you think it was even created? Sony is directly taking on MKwii so i think it is completely reasonable, even expected that people would compare these games.

What a great point.  EA also made a game to compete with Mario Kart Wii.  Not to mention Sega and many others.

Heck, maybe even MNR would appear to be the better game to someone that just fell to Earth from Mars.  However, that isn't the general population of Earth.  I've liked Mario and company for almost 25 years.  I grow up with Mario and love it.  I'll Mario over some generic create stuff anyday.  Besides, I have TrackMania (which is free) for creating tracks, when I want that.

MNR may be a good game.  Hopefully it continues to improve and if a sequel comes out, I may give it a try.

Are you butthurt or what? I have also grown up on Mario and loved it, I have played all Mario/Luigi/Peach/Toad/Wario^^ platforming games ever released on a Nintendo system, and I have played the Mario Karts A LOT, and the Super Smash games A WHOLE LOT. To be totally honest, this generation, I'd take fresh games like MNR any day compared to the SAME GENERIC Mario that has been doing the same stuff over and over (except Galaxy, amazing game), that is getting milked to hell with quality going downhill for every new iteration released. I mean, Mario Kart Wii is the worst Mario Kart BY FAR. It's the only Mario Kart me and my friends never play. Same thing about Super Smash Brawl and Mario Party 8. Never play them, but we play MK64 & MK:DD, Super Smash Melee and Mario Party 5-7 quite extensively.

To me, it seems like you're butthurt because this game looks like it, in my opinion, will be CRUSHING Mario Kart Wii in QUALITY. Because I clearly did not just fall to earth from Mars, I just have certain quality standards that Mario Kart Wii did not pass by a fucking longshot, but MNR did. We all know that MNR won't beat MK Wiii in sales, but when has quality ever been about sales? I mean, you don't listen to Britney Spears, Madonna or some boybands or even Soulja Boi do you...? Or maybe you do?

This is all my opinion, however it's funny how everyone I know feel the same about these games. All my friends yelling "Finally we have a new kart racer to play" when we played the beta and I showed them footage. You know, we're still only using our Wii to play Game Cube games, so we're kind of waiting for a new, good Mario Kart-ish game to come out, and ModNation Racers seems like it will be saving the day... It's great  I have nothing against the Wii or games on the platform, as Mario Galaxy is the best Mario game ever to me. Purely my opinion of some games.

Looks cool but theres no point as I already have the best kart racer.

lol ppl bashing the game even before it comes out and when all 4 reviews out so far are 90's :P funneh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

i hope my sister buys this for me, she said she will as she loves kart games but i don't trust her. already buying rdr and fifa world cup 2010(if i can find it, damn asia). im saving money for the end of Q3( if fall out comes at that time) and Q4, already have 400$ on the table.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I can't wait for the game! was able to get the PSP demo of it and it's so freakin fun!!!(though I'm getting the PS3 version)

might have to put uncharted 2 mp on hold when this comes out!