By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Versus Super Mario Galaxy 2. Predictions: Reviews and Sales

Metascore will be close, but i would put Galaxy 2 slightly ahead. Alan Wake i'd imagine breaching 2 million, whereas Galaxy is guaranteed at least 6

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
johnappseed84 said:
As far as Meta's go, even though Alan Wake only has an 84, that's right up there with the last two Mario games. A couple of points higher than Kart (82) and only a few points lower than New Super Mario Brother's Wii (87).

This is kind of a weird parallel to draw

The only proper comparison is another 3-D Mario

So what's the first Galaxy's metascore?

Why is the 3d Mario the only proper comparisson when other posters already asserted that any Mario game was vastly superior to Alan Wake?

I predict SMG will win by 2% on metacritic.

Sales wont be close at all.

In the Americas (the 360's strongest region), SMG2 has more than 4 times as many preorders as Alan Wake. This week alone SMG had more than 5 times as many as AW, and SMG has an extra week going till release. And Wii games usuaully have a higher ratio of first week sales:preorders, and higher total sales:first week sales. Now obviously SMG2 will thrash Alan Wake in Japan, and others as well. It will be a massacre

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=79923

Yeah you guys are being way too optimistic Mario Galaxy 2 will sell at least 20 times more than ALAN WAKE maybe even in the first week.

Kushalafang said:
Yeah you guys are being way too optimistic Mario Galaxy 2 will sell at least 20 times more than ALAN WAKE maybe even in the first week.

No way. SMG2 will sell a lot more, but not 20 times. If SMG2 sells 10 million, which I think will be pretty close, then you are predicting Alan Wake will hit 500k worldwide. Considering it will likely end at ~100k Americas preorders, this seems very unlikely