By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake Versus Super Mario Galaxy 2. Predictions: Reviews and Sales

Going by what I think will happen, not what I hope,
SMG2 9mil sales 94metacritc
Alan Awake 1.8mil sales 89 metacritic
Ofc if Alan Awake is eventually bundled or turns out to have much more mass appeal, the sales could reach 3-4mil. I think they should have waited till the next xbox to release a new IP like Alan Awake. Its a bit late into this generation for it to gain steam.

Around the Network

What a strange comparison. There is absolutely no comparability between these 2 titles that makes having a "versus" thread make any sense. It's less sensible than the Heavy rain vs. Alan Wake threads that have done the rounds in the past.

Surely there are Wii games that have something in common with Alan Wake that would make for a better "versus" thread.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Pointless thread. Alan Wake isn't anywhere near comparable to SMG 2 in either sales or quality.

Mario, should it be his kart, his brothers or his galaxy has killed and will kill anything in sales this gen (apart from other nintendo games).

The first Galaxy was released when the wii had "a quarter" of the market shares it now enjoys. The sales of SMG2 from one region alone will far exceed the WW sales of Alan Wake, get real.

It is a stupid comparison in all honesty. Mario Kart and Brothers has sold almost 35m and counting and you want to compare SMG2 saleswise with a new IP. Better to compare it with Halo Reach and even then I would still put my money SMG2.

Scores help if going for GOTY: I would go for Alan Wake based on previews and reviews.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Pointless thread. Alan Wake isn't anywhere near comparable to SMG 2 in either sales or quality.

This.

We ALL know SMG2 will DESTROY AND DOMINATE in Sales.

And yes SMG2 will be rated highly and that means higher than Alan Wake

Around the Network

lol alan wake hasn't got a perfect score yet for its early reviews..... it stands at 83 with 22 reviews though anything can happen.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

if ioi's pre-order charts are anything to go by AW isn't going to sell all that great. well enough for profit but it's going to be dominated several times over by galaxy 2.

meta-wise - both should do 90+

Reviews are coming out for AW and it strengthens my opinion.

SMG2 will DOMINATE and DESTROY AW in both Sales and Reviews. No competition.

Those two games shouldn't have had been compare in the first place. A better comparison would've been Halo Reach vs SMG2 in Sales and Reviews.

As far as Meta's go, even though Alan Wake only has an 84, that's right up there with the last two Mario games. A couple of points higher than Kart (82) and only a few points lower than New Super Mario Brother's Wii (87).

johnappseed84 said:
As far as Meta's go, even though Alan Wake only has an 84, that's right up there with the last two Mario games. A couple of points higher than Kart (82) and only a few points lower than New Super Mario Brother's Wii (87).

This is kind of a weird parallel to draw

The only proper comparison is another 3-D Mario

So what's the first Galaxy's metascore?