By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 is still 90% finished, says Yamauchi

Cypher1980 said:
FULL 3D in a game that wasnt originally designed to be FULL 3D.

Impressive if they pull it off without sacrificing resolution.

This may well be the first true test of TEH C3LL

I think they would have been maxing out "TEH C3LL" to get the game looking so good at 1080p 60fps so I expect the resolution to be dropped down to 720p for 3D (about 2.5x less pixels) it will still look fantastic and hopefully steady 60fps in 3D tho.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Hmm. So lots of polishing and not much progress.

That's gotta be worrying. There's only one thing that I know of that can't be polished.

drpunk said:
There's only one thing that I know of that can't be polished.

What is?

Money can fix anything.

After this long, I'm not sure the game will be able to justify this long of a development. I expect it will be a good game (who doesn't?), but I don't think I'll play it and think, "This is 5 years of development in action". Just because someone is a perfectionist, doesn't mean they'll reach perfection. I think they should have run with what they had 2 years ago, and been looking at rolling out GT6 now, with all the new whistles and gongs, instead of trying to include everything in GT5. At a certain point I wonder if GT5 is going to just be a well polished racing game of 3 years go, instead of a game that really uses what has been brought to the table since.

I also have to wonder, what has been going on behind the scenes at Polyphony and Sony. Has this long development really been about game perfection, or about Sony pushing for more features. Maybe it could be also that Polyphony felt they had to restructure the game after competition, like Forza, included features that they never intended on including, but now felt obligated to. I think that GT5: Prologue was also a bad idea. I think they took the criticisms of that release and went back to the drawing board. They now had to make a game that made Prologue look like an early tech demo, or, again, people would be wondering what they have been doing all this time.

I wish I could say I was excited for GT5 now, but that excitement ran out about 2 years ago, now it feels like I'm waiting for the GT5 Titanic to dock in New York.

I give this thread a 9.5.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I wonder how many PS3 owners have passed away since they announced GT5 and therefore never had the chance to experience this masterpiece which is truly taking forever :(

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Around the Network
Winters said:
I wonder how many PS3 owners have passed away since they announced GT5 and therefore never had the chance to experience this masterpiece which is truly taking forever :(

darthdevidem01 said:
LordChris915 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I have waited for this game for the duration of my teenage years (almost all of them).

If this game isn't the best GT/racing game ever I will personally make sure my grand children don't buy a Gran Turismo game.

What makes you think that there will be one out for them to buy? They might still be waiting on this one O.o

ROFLROFLROFLROFLRFORLFORLFOL!!!

I was quite pleased with that commnet too ;)

darthdevidem01 said:

I have waited for this game for the duration of my teenage years (almost all of them).

If this game isn't the best GT/racing game ever I will personally make sure my grand children don't buy a Gran Turismo game.

Lol! Assuming that there is a gran turismo coming out in 50 years time!

(or are you planning them a bit earlier? XD)

If you want me to reply, quote me pls!

At this point... they're running out of time for GT6 to come out this gen like was planned.

If we are very otimistic, they could complete that 10% still missing in another 6 months, so in November, but I wouldn't bet on any date.
I suspect that besides adding 3D and new car models, they beefed up physics refresh rate, if it was slower, to prevent it from falling behind FM3's one.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!