By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 is still 90% finished, says Yamauchi

GT5 is still 90% finished, says Yamauchi

No better, no worse. Polyphony boss Kazunori Yamauchi has said that Gran Turismo 5 is still 90 percent finished.

“Gran Turismo 5 is about 90 percent finished,” he told Inside Line (via GT Planet). “There are currently around 140 people working on the project.”

Yamauchi said the exact same thing back in January, when he said the racer was, yes, 90 percent complete.

“About 90% of the game is done. We are just working on the last 10% and polishing up everything,” Yamauchi told USA Today at the start of the year.

We’re excited for it, but please do release it this side of 2010: it’s been too bloody long. It seems that fall might be when we’re getting it, anyways.

Around the Network

Sounds like development has really been at a standstill.

They said GT5 was finished and could come out at anytime last year.......just give us a damn release date!!!

that guy needs to just release the game, dammit
if he doesnt want to stop working on it he should just release this one and start working on the next one

"the last 10% and polishing up everything"

Guys it's an other 2 years methinks....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I think they needed to change many things because of the bad reception GT for PSP got. I bet this was the reason.

well with the new functions that have lately been added PS eye support and 3D and all.. that should have cost some time

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I have waited for this game for the duration of my teenage years (almost all of them).

If this game isn't the best GT/racing game ever I will personally make sure my grand children don't buy a Gran Turismo game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

3D, damage, super GT, NASCAR, WRC, ~1000 cars, ~70 tracks, native 2D 1080p @ 60 (3D probably 720p) this stuff takes time obviously... I mean just imagine all the testers having to 100% the game before release and new features keep being added because the devs need something to do, it's a vicious cycle I tells ya, VICIOUS!!!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
3D, damage, super GT, NASCAR, WRC, ~1000 cars, ~70 tracks, native 2D 1080p @ 60 (3D probably 720p) this stuff takes time obviously... I mean just imagine all the testers having to 100% the game before release and new features keep being added because the devs need something to do, it's a vicious cycle I tells ya, VICIOUS!!!

If memory serves didn't he say he wanted to add motorcyles? You forgot to add that.

PSN ID: KingFate_