By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION MOVE issue?

leo-j said:
they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

So the dreamcast motion controller means they are copying Sega.

Given PS fans attitude towards motion controls its unfair to have a go at Sony. They never slagged of motion cont...

oh wait.

Around the Network

This thread is funny. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Nintendo fans: Sony copied Nintendo!

Sony fans: No they didn't. They had [insert old video/source]

Nintendo fans: That looks nothing like the move of today

Sony fans: So? It shows that they had the idea before the wii mote was made
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summery of this topic. Anyway. This is common in when new technology that you never expect to win. This is what we call birdmen. They try to do what they think is sucessful. Only to find out that it goes deeper than that.

Anyway Sony is pulling a Sega. They think add ons will help sell software. This add on will proberly do nouthing to spark hardware sales. Than waste the chance to just push the system. Instead they push technology. This is exactly why Sega lost to nintendo back in the early 90's. They were neck to neck until Donkey Kong country came out and boast hardware sales through the roof. Had Sega pushed the system not technology. They could've won.

Now Sony is following the footsteps of what made them in last place. AGAIN
First they make it too much technology and than they do it again and push a already doing well technology. Sony is going to lost 2nd place because of this. Atleast Natal doesn't remind me of the wii remote. Though its the same thing as pushing technology

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Nintendo fans: Sony copied Nintendo!

Sony fans: No they didn't. They had [insert old video/source]

Nintendo fans: That looks nothing like the move of today

Sony fans: So? It shows that they had the idea before the wii mote was made
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summery of this topic. Anyway. This is common in when new technology that you never expect to win. This is what we call birdmen. They try to do what they think is sucessful. Only to find out that it goes deeper than that.

Anyway Sony is pulling a Sega. They think add ons will help sell software. This add on will proberly do nouthing to spark hardware sales. Than waste the chance to just push the system. Instead they push technology. This is exactly why Sega lost to nintendo back in the early 90's. They were neck to neck until Donkey Kong country came out and boast hardware sales through the roof. Had Sega pushed the system not technology. They could've won.

Now Sony is following the footsteps of what made them in last place. AGAIN
First they make it too much technology and than they do it again and push a already doing well technology. Sony is going to lost 2nd place because of this. Atleast Natal doesn't remind me of the wii remote. Though its the same thing as pushing technology

It may not remind you of the wiimote but it may very well remind you of the eye toy.

I don't know which resemblance is better for late motion control entries this gen...

Bamboleo said:
Sony is copying Nintendo.

And they're doing it much more this gen then they did back in the N64 days. Deal with it.

At least we're going to have a glimpse how the Wii would be in HD, which will never happen by Nintendo's hands.

Care to explain?  Cause as I see it:

Cartridge based gaming?  Nope, PS1 was CD.

Analog stick?  Nope, N64's controller was all digital.  It was Sony who brought the golden standard of analog to all future controllers, as well as dual sticks.

Rumble?  Nope, Sony and Nintendo's rumble launched at the same time in Japan.  Nintendo with the Rumble Pak and Sony with the Dual Analog Controller.  Sony also made internal rumble a standard.

Of course, Nintendo fans who want to get on a soapbox about this will completely try to justify this:

Seriously, I don't care about Nintendo "copying" the Dual Shock.  It's a great design for a controller.  One that's remained mainly unchanged for almost 13 years.  It's also been emulated by every controller since, by various companies.  They just took what tech existed at the time and either improved upon it or put their own twist on it.  There's no difference between this and what Sony has done with the design of the Wiimote.  Of course, the actual tech behind the Move is all of Sony's making.

Also, what's up with people saying that the PS Eye was a copy of the Dreameye?  It was a digital cam with no motion sensing capabilities at all.  How does that even compare?  I guess we should also say the Wiimote is a copy off the Mad Catz Dreamcast Fishing Rod, even though it had very limited uses and was only used for a very few fishing games.  Though, given it was an actual motion controller, that would be the closer claim.  Still unfounded, though.

If you want to get all bent out of shape about Sony "copying", I guess you could just blast Nintendo for all the times they "copied" as well.  The above example, the D-pad, pause/start button, and on and on.  Of course, this would completely negate all the tweaks/improvements Nintendo has brought to the gaming industry.  Which really would be foolish.  Just except that every company does this and move on.

Around the Network

are nintendo actually the ones who started it?
are sony the ones?

it's an endless chain, just enjoy your product, it's not like move will pierce through our hearts and mortally hurt us nintendo fans

The classic controller copied from SNES Which sony made simlier . The PS1 controller looks like a SNES controller
with duel anolgoe.

Some people forget what's the point of the classic controller. Its to play all old games. In order to do that. They took the SNES
design to play SNES and NES games like back in the day.  The duel anologue are only there for N64 games. Also Capcom co designed
the classic controller pro for monster hunter tri. So the only thing nintendo could copy was the duel anologue and the extra shoulder buttons.

So if this is a copy than its 50 to 50. So its not a full copy. According to some people's  logic

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

leo-j said:
they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

They didn't have the same tech.

They had eyetoy and were using it to track a ball on a stick.  No buttons, no motion detection for 3D space, no pitch/yaw/roll measurements.  Just a stick and a ball.  Basically it was the same as having eyetoy track your hands but the ball was slightly easier to track.

thismeintiel said:
Bamboleo said:
Sony is copying Nintendo.

And they're doing it much more this gen then they did back in the N64 days. Deal with it.

At least we're going to have a glimpse how the Wii would be in HD, which will never happen by Nintendo's hands.

Care to explain?  Cause as I see it:

Cartridge based gaming?  Nope, PS1 was CD.

Analog stick?  Nope, N64's controller was all digital.  It was Sony who brought the golden standard of analog to all future controllers, as well as dual sticks.

Rumble?  Nope, Sony and Nintendo's rumble launched at the same time in Japan.  Nintendo with the Rumble Pak and Sony with the Dual Analog Controller.  Sony also made internal rumble a standard.

Of course, Nintendo fans who want to get on a soapbox about this will completely try to justify this:

Seriously, I don't care about Nintendo "copying" the Dual Shock.  It's a great design for a controller.  One that's remained mainly unchanged for almost 13 years.  It's also been emulated by every controller since, by various companies.  They just took what tech existed at the time and either improved upon it or put their own twist on it.  There's no difference between this and what Sony has done with the design of the Wiimote.  Of course, the actual tech behind the Move is all of Sony's making.

Also, what's up with people saying that the PS Eye was a copy of the Dreameye?  It was a digital cam with no motion sensing capabilities at all.  How does that even compare?  I guess we should also say the Wiimote is a copy off the Mad Catz Dreamcast Fishing Rod, even though it had very limited uses and was only used for a very few fishing games.  Though, given it was an actual motion controller, that would be the closer claim.  Still unfounded, though.

If you want to get all bent out of shape about Sony "copying", I guess you could just blast Nintendo for all the times they "copied" as well.  The above example, the D-pad, pause/start button, and on and on.  Of course, this would completely negate all the tweaks/improvements Nintendo has brought to the gaming industry.  Which really would be foolish.  Just except that every company does this and move on.

No, N64 was analogue from the start.

BEHOLD! The ORIGINAL PlayStation controller, before the N64 released:

Adding the 'horns' and *2 / 3 buttons was a brilliant idea, but recent controllers have improved vastly on the ergonomics (GameCube and X360), and put the main 3D input method in the primary position. I suspect that the reason Sony still goes with the dualshock design is because someone loves symmetry far too much, or perhaps even considers the controller itself to be too valuable a brand identifier to be usurped.

Now here is a comparison between the controller it was directly inspired by, the controller it directly inspired, and the controller that all of them inspired:

Since we're playing this pissing contest:

DID YOU KNOW that the Classic Controller Pro was designed with the advice of Capcom for Monster Hunter 3? And that the original Classic Controller was designed with the D-pad in the primary position to facilitate playing 2D games (mostly VC releases)?

Did you know that we ALL benefit from these technological progressions, and that we are all hypocrites (including myself) for moaning about it?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

No the real issue is this:

How to get people who weren't enthused by the original Wii concept and games, weren't enthused by motion+ and games, and who haven't got a game console to purchase the PS3 with Move for at least 50% more than the original Wii which doesn't come with either WS or WS2 when all I have seen thus far are duplicates of done and dusted Wii games AND when both Mod Nation and Gran Turismo don't look to be suitable for emulation of the Wiis most successful 'gamer' product Mario Kart.

How can Sony even hope to enthuse these people with a marginal library and likely unwillingness to devote their core AAA talent to producing ground up concepts to take advantage of the interface simply because they cannot afford to given their massive losses thus far in the generation and a desire to not further the financial bleeding financing thousands of developers towards concepts which may net poor to very poor returns on the above average Sony style budgets?

Tease.