By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ff7 ps3 confirmed ?

alfredofroylan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I want a FFVII-2

no remake

After Spice Girls Conquers the Fantasy World? (AKA Final Fantasy X-2) Seriously you want that?

yes sir. well not really, it worked though for me. Rather than making everyone all depressed at the end.

Plus they already did a prequel without it be spice girly if you want to call X-2 that anyways. And that's more recent.

Around the Network
thelifatree said:

Plus they already did a prequel without it be spice girly if you want to call X-2 that anyways. And that's more recent.

Crisis Core? The game that they did to cover the plot holes from the Nibelheim thing?

alfredofroylan said:
thelifatree said:

Crisis Core? The game that they did to cover the plot holes from the Nibelheim thing?

yes. That one. They did Dirge. Which was an aweful shooter, but that was not spicegirly as well.

So the odds of it being spice girly, especially in the FF7 universe, is slim, I'd say, but I think the odds they'd do a sequal is just as slim, they'd do a remake, which I guess I'm arguing for no reason.

darthdevidem01 said:
I want a FFVII-2

no remake

It's called Advent Children. There was also Dirge but I'm not sure where that fits into the FFVII timeline (I don't care).

OT: It's probably something like Infamous 2 >_>

darthdevidem01 said:
I agree FF6 is remake would be mind blowing

but we KNOW it won't be on a Ps platform :(

Do you know what would be better than a FF7 remake? FF15 announcement!

if FF6 it's remake, it may be a ps platform,  some way of another ff6 hit the ps a ff anthology

Around the Network

Don't want to spoil the party but aren't genesis's feathers black? (Angeal's are white)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Thechalkblock said:
I don't understand why Square Enix hasn't released a remake of FFVII yet; they've remade everything else and they would make a ton off of VII.

Maybe this is finally it.

FF1-6 2D text cutscenes

FF VII 3D CIG cutscenes

with one there is a real upgrade.

With the other... you just upgrade the textures and the model complexity...

Heck if you have the PC version of FFVII you can probably change the textures yourself and have an HD FFVII...

The younger generation of gamers (post PS1) tends to be alergic to 2D gaming, hence the real benefit of doing remakes of the old FFS and DQs. FFVII is already in 3D, already has CGI cutscenes.... no real gain in quality.

Hephaestos said:
Thechalkblock said:
I don't understand why Square Enix hasn't released a remake of FFVII yet; they've remade everything else and they would make a ton off of VII.

Maybe this is finally it.

FF1-6 2D text cutscenes

FF VII 3D CIG cutscenes

with one there is a real upgrade.

With the other... you just upgrade the textures and the model complexity...

Heck if you have the PC version of FFVII you can probably change the textures yourself and have an HD FFVII...

The younger generation of gamers (post PS1) tends to be alergic to 2D gaming, hence the real benefit of doing remakes of the old FFS and DQs. FFVII is already in 3D, already has CGI cutscenes.... no real gain in quality.

yes but you can't possibly look at FFXIII cutscenes then look at FFVII cutscenes and say they look even remotely the same in quality. Also the pre-rendered backgrounds are low res and not properly proportioned, along with the blocky character models. the PC version you can change the models but it still looks like n64. They'd have to redo the whole game still. But, the art style, is there. 

Where as the 2D ones, like FFIV remake I thought was bad. The backgrounds look empty etc. But that was because they did a bad job imo.

I want them to remake FFVI more than 7 though. But even FFVI has better looking cutscenes cause of the PS Anthology at the start and at the end which was made after FFVII anyways. But FFVI, they have to make the 3D, as designing the look of the game is quite different in 3D as opposed to 2D.

Both I think if they were to do a proper remake... (not a upgrade) would take lots of work.

exclusive top secret reveal?

must be something we havent seen yet. i hope its not a psn game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
exclusive top secret reveal?

must be something we havent seen yet. i hope its not a psn game.

Tic Tac Toe Extra in 3D!!!

Tunnel Extra in 3D !!! (or Death Star approach in 3D :p)