By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - what will Help the 360 more?

what will Help the 360 more?

Reach, 'nuff said 21 13.82%

Natal (Wii is going down!) 41 26.97%

Price cut. 35 23.03%

Slim model 44 28.95%

other please specify. 11 7.24%

Total:152
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:
Slim X360 Natal with 250GB HDD for $299 = world domination.

I still don't think that will be enough to get their momentum back. They will have still have to throw in a couple of their highly regarded games, like they have bundled with the Elite now, into that $299 package as well if they really want to turn the tide.

I'm not sure they want to throw Natal, a bigger harddrive, and a couple of their best games into the box to boot badly enough to take the $200.00 loss to beat back the PS3.

So basically you mean the X360 is doomed lol?

Cos I can't see them selling all that for less than $299. I do think they can afford to throw in ODST and Forza 3 in that package though cos that wouldn't cost much, it's only a few Dollars per DVD. The question is if those bundled games would make much difference in sales. I don't think so.

Well since it's coming out in the Fall, the bundled games would probably have to be newer than ODST and Forza III. Probably Alan Wake and another big one.

No they don't have to bundle such new games. Cos I never see PS3 being bundled with Sony's big games for $299 even though they have plenty to choose from (Uncharted 2, Lil Big Planet, Ratcher, Killzone2, Infamous etc). Not even one game is bundled with the $299 Slim!

in the UK the PS3 is bundled with big games. Fifa, U2.

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:

I still don't think that will be enough to get their momentum back. They will have still have to throw in a couple of their highly regarded games, like they have bundled with the Elite now, into that $299 package as well if they really want to turn the tide.

I'm not sure they want to throw Natal, a bigger harddrive, and a couple of their best games into the box to boot badly enough to take the $200.00 loss to beat back the PS3.

Cos I can't see them selling all that for less than $299. I do think they can afford to throw in ODST and Forza 3 in that package though cos that wouldn't cost much, it's only a few Dollars per DVD. The question is if those bundled games would make much difference in sales. I don't think so.

Well since it's coming out in the Fall, the bundled games would probably have to be newer than ODST and Forza III. Probably Alan Wake and another big one.

No they don't have to bundle such new games. Cos I never see PS3 being bundled with Sony's big games for $299 even though they have plenty to choose from (Uncharted 2, Lil Big Planet, Ratcher, Killzone2, Infamous etc). Not even one game is bundled with the $299 Slim!

in the UK the PS3 is bundled with big games. Fifa, U2.

At normal price?

Cos u see the X360 Elite is bundled with Forza 3 + Halo ODST all over Europe at the regular price of 239 Euros. An Elite without games is also 239 Euso (if you can find one).

But the PS3 here in Sweden is sold 299 Euro without games. With one game it always costs more. Excpet if we talking about the 250GB version, that one costs 350 Euros and sometimes actually comes with a free game like God of War 3.

A 360 slim is the best thing MS can do to save the 360 right now in my opinion.

It had a huge effect on PS3. People just love new models.

For just one game its a tenner more.
With Heavy rain or God of War 3 it's £20 more but saving £30
The 360 bundles cost more than non-bundled here.

Honestly, it's going to be all these things working in tandem.  If I had to single out just one factor though, I would say the slim model is actually probably the most important.  It (1) supports the "relaunch" planning they're likely doing for the fall (Natal being the other half of the equation), (2) will likely encourage a good amount of the established base to upgrade (as happened for GB, PS, PS2, GBA, DS, PSP, PS3 and other platforms with model revisions) and most importantly (3) allows them to firmly separate themselves from the RROD disaster in consumers eyes by offering a "new" 360 that doesn't overheat if you look at it funny.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:
johnappseed84 said:
Slimebeast said:

People are comfortable with the blu-ray player they get with the ps3 slim.

And with not getting any games?

I thought the worst thing you could say about the PS3 was that it's a blu-ray player and that's only why people bought it?

Anyone who is dumb to actually believe Natal is going to win the console war this generation is an idiot. The Wii has already won this round after Sony won the last 2.

Lord Flashheart said:

And with not getting any games?

I thought the worst thing you could say about the PS3 was that it's a blu-ray player and that's only why people bought it?

Well, the PS3 has several good games now so only the most stubborn and obtuse "the ps3 has no good games folks" could accuse it of not having any games these days.

But at the same time since blu-ray is taking off and most likely will replace dvds sooner than later especially since we're moving into the 3d tv era, so if you like movies getting a blu-ray player with your game console is better than buying a game console for games and a blu-ray player for bd movies if prices are the same.

Individual game preferences could shift one's opinion one way or the other but I think most customers would want to go with what they consider the most value for their money.

I voted for a slim, although that could also include a price-cut.