By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - what will Help the 360 more?

what will Help the 360 more?

Reach, 'nuff said 21 13.82%

Natal (Wii is going down!) 41 26.97%

Price cut. 35 23.03%

Slim model 44 28.95%

other please specify. 11 7.24%

Total:152

Reach! MS makes most of their money from gamesales so Reach=Big bucks. As for hardware sales Natal should help, a slim version at the same price point would be pretty pointless.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

I voted for slim but it really has to be a price cut in combination with the release of the slim. The best scenario would be if the slim a price cut and the release of natal would occur around the same time.

Slim X360 Natal with 250GB HDD for $299 = world domination.

Reach should help Microsoft make a profit on what the 360 has already become, Natal could help Microsoft with letting the 360 become more then it is right now. While I'm not hyped over Natal I'm happy that Microsoft is investing in something new.

For a while it looked like Microsoft would just sit back and turn the xbox into a small success story before leaving the market. But that just isn't Microsoft, they have a thing for entering markets while the competition is already booming and then brutally massacre the competition. Not that it will happen this time around but they'll keep trying which is good for us gamers.

Never a simplistic answer that really cant be summed up in a single selection.

1. Reach, 'nuff said
- short term increase in sales and lots of profit but will not maintain long term sales or growth

2. Natal (Wii is going down!)
- Natal is the longer term motivational component to drive interest for the next 2 years until a new xbox is released. MS will need two generations of this product to create a standard for motion control. This will be a base component of any new xbox product.

3. Price cut
- price cut by itself will mean very little but coupled with a slim(or new redesigned model) and Natal will allow for new packages with new capabilities at the same or lower prices. MS must add value at a slightly lower cost than its competitor to keep consumer perceived value in check. Profit margins will always be a key factor in MSs pricing from this point forward.

4. Slim model
- a new model is almost required to allow for Natal bundles at same or better price and still make good profits and motivate new and existing owners to buy xboxes. MS will want to try and ride a similar wave as what the competitor did.

IMO

Around the Network

Natal and slim model

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Slim and price cut. Worked wonder for the competition.

1. Reach - Another Halo game will not have the same impact as Halo 3 did back in 2007. With that said, it would do something at the very least for the 360.

2. Natal - Natal can be big, but it's hard to tell at the moment. We know next to nothing about what will be coming with it in terms of software. Again, can be big but I won't consider it above the others.

3. Price Cut - Will help a little bit, but alone it won't do as much as the others. May have longer effect, though.

4. Slim Model - If this were done alone, it would help the 360 the most, IMO. The redesign, if done well, will encourage current owners to buy the new model, and new owners may be enticed to buy it because of a better look. Overall, best option by itself outside of Natal being a large success.

The BuShA owns all!

Lord Flashheart said:
AaronSOLDIER said:
masterchief>mario said:

Doomed is not an option, bnecause the 360 is not doomed, even if the ps3 surpasses it, the xbox will still have been a monumental success, having made more money then the ps3(as of yet) and only being Microsoft's second crack at a video game cosole, whereas sony has had3, and nintendo............. like 10.

No matter what, the 360 can't fail.

Um, hasnt the 360 lost more money than the PS3 with the whole RROD thing?

Nope.

1billion compared to all the profits of the PS1 and 2

But what about that chart thing were Sony are still 1.5 bil up yet MS are like 7 bil under? Wish I could find it

Thats including the original xbox. MS are down.
You said just the 360. I highly doubt if you ignore the first two PS that the PS3 has recouped all it's losses where as the 360 has been in the black for a while.