By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there any way to "unhack" my wii?

uh, you can stream net radio via shoutcast on it, play DVD movies, run emulators and other goodies, no reason to delete it, it's saved me from a slew of shit games on the Wii because devs make shovelwares out of the ass, as long as you pay for the games that are worth it, I don't see a problem with it.

Around the Network

yea just delet it tho not a big deal... seriously though check out some homebrew it will make u love ur wii so much more

Depends on how 'clean" you want it. If you don't want access to the homebrew channel, just delete it. But Nintendo can detect that you hacked your Wii and that can void your warranty if you still have one. See this article about somebody who used a utility to completely clean their wii before sending it into Nintendo for repairs:

http://hackmii.com/2010/04/check-disk-for-pre-repair-process/

what I just want is to be safe of my wii not getting damaged or to safety play online (yes with retail, real games, not copies)

morenoingrato said:
what I just want is to be safe of my wii not getting damaged or to safety play online (yes with retail, real games, not copies)

it's safe to play online.

Around the Network

keep it, lots of cool stuff on homebrew.

love the homebrew music.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

just downloaded the nsmbwii editor, sweet

I'll keep it for a couple of weeks

Chill out dude, you don't speak to a cousin because he messed with your console, which happens to be your toy and the toy for grown kids.

Life's too short to get so upset over shit like that. Peace.

I just said it in a joke way, I got mad then, but I got over it
the thing that bothered ke is that he just did it without telling me

You could always return your Wii to factory settings...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash