By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite ff character and why

Irvine Kinneas
Because he's the more "human" character in a FF.
He's a very good sniper and he used to be a macho-man, but in the moment of difficult and pressure (The attempt to Edea) you understand that he is a normal man.

Around the Network

Hmm... Locke. He tries to be quite helpful (and succeeds), and he has a penchant for... exploring...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

RageBot said:
Wagram said:
RageBot said:
Wagram said:
Yuna and Squall. Loved both of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess I don't get it.

:(

Should I explain?

Well I thought this thread was about our favorite characters. I can understand you may not like my choice, but what's the point of making fun of it?

My favorite would probably be... Cloud? I think so, but I'll say one for each game I suppose

FF: Fighter! Damn that guy was good in battle.
FFVII: Cloud, as I said before he's my favorite. FFVII Cloud, not AC/CC one of course. I just love his back story really.
FFVIII: ...
FFIX: Vivi. Such a tragic story of one of the coolest characters in the series, great character development for this one.
FFX: Auron. Dying only served to piss him off, all he carries is his sword and a jug of booze! Need I say anymore?
FFXII: Balthier. One of the slickest characters in the series, and has some great one liners to boot.
FFXIII: Sazh. The only good character in the sea of mediocre ones (and that awful one, Hope) that are in this game.

I have only played one Final Fantasy, FF13.

I thought the cast was very good apart from sazh who has been stereotyped to the point where I felt insulted (being a Black American). Did they have to make him like that.

In terms of development Hope is the best, he goes from a family tragedy to wanting revenge to calming down and becoming stronger and each change in his action is fluent and makes sense. Very good character.

Lightning is a very good character too, its funny to watch her punch people around & turns out to be more than a moody bitch that we think she is at the start. Snow is good, likeable.

Fang and vanille are terribly developed, they had the potential for the most interesting back story but aren't developed well at all, it seems Fang is there for eye candy and she disappoint there.

Overall Lightning, hope are among my all time fav's. Snow is good, the rest are passable with Sazh being a major complaint, I do not appreciate being streotyped in that fashion.

Around the Network

1. Terra
2. Celes
3. Cyan

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Wagram said:
RageBot said:
Wagram said:
RageBot said:
Wagram said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess I don't get it.

Should I explain?

Well I thought this thread was about our favorite characters. I can understand you may not like my choice, but what's the point of making fun of it?

I didn't make fun of it, I wrote some of the characters' most known quotes.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
Wagram said:
RageBot said:
Wagram said:
RageBot said:
Wagram said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess I don't get it.

Should I explain?

I didn't make fun of it, I wrote some of the characters' most known quotes.

Heh, that actually is kind of funny. :D

A tie between Celes from FFVI and Squall from FFVIII.

Celes because she had some of the greater focus of FFVI placed on her and is one of the only characters to 'grow' in the game. But also because she is one of the few characters in the FF universe to show her feelings and is a character you can relate to. Note: The same thing can be said about Locke, but I like Celes more.

Squall is a lot like Celes, but taken to the next step. True, he starts off a loner who doesn't want to interact with people because he doesn't want to be hurt or lose people. But as the game progresses, he finds this rag-tag group of friends he's been 'forced' to command actually relate to him more than he realized and he discovers the grim reality of losing those people is worse than the 'idea' of losing them. In short, he's one of the few Final Fantasy characters, if the only 'main' Final Fantasy character, who actually goes from being an introvert 'loner' and ends the game as a team leading hero who saves the world. And its that transition that makes him a good character.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Lightning,but it’s hard to explain,just cool,and appreciate her outlook.