By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie: We definitely won't make another Halo game

MonstaMack said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
halo reach will be my last bungie game i will ever buy, i lost any repsect i had for bungie when they inked that deal with activision. i mean how stupid are they sigining with the devil of game companies, look at what they did with infinity ward. they deserve each other .

The contract still states Bungie can pretty much do whatever they want, while Activision gets the publishing rights and it will be multi. I still think Bungie is just doing this to go multi, because they probably saw less income in just the 360 and everyone knows Bungie = Halo so thats all the fans expected of them over the years.

However, fans of Halo should not be dissapointed. 343 studios is made up of former bungie employees and others eager to make Halo games, so after Reach is done I'm expecting some good Halo games from them, and obviously people will buy any game that says Halo on it, or so MS thinks so maybe they think losing Bungie isn't as bad as it is.

Either way Reach is gonna sell boatloads, especially now that this pretty much confirms this will be Bungie's last Halo game... atleast for 10+ years.

Hopefully Marty O'Donnel goes freelance. Nobody else could replace his Halo music.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Is Bungie now all of a sudden a wonderful developer and full of great ideas and a maker of amazing games?

Always was for me....

You know how fanboys can be Kowenicki. I would expect nothing less from them.

Zucas said:
"Oh yes you will make another one!"

But seriously, they better make another one and in good timing. I can not go 10 years without a Halo game. Nor do I want it made by someone that isn't them. Hopefully MS, Activision, and Bungie will be able to work something out there. I mean they all like money so this should be a no brainer haha.

343 industries includes some former bungie employees.

End of an era in that case. I like Halo and CoD franchises even though I feel both are overrated - particularly MW2 left me feeling things had gone wrong - and it's going to be strange to see how both franchises survive under new management.

I'm not too optimistic as I expect lack of innovation to set in pretty quickly without the founding developers behind either franchise - but we'll see.

Still, on the other hand I'm very interested to see what Bungie and the new studio from the IW guys produce so as they say every cloud has a silver lining.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

elticker said:
Zucas said:
"Oh yes you will make another one!"

But seriously, they better make another one and in good timing. I can not go 10 years without a Halo game. Nor do I want it made by someone that isn't them. Hopefully MS, Activision, and Bungie will be able to work something out there. I mean they all like money so this should be a no brainer haha.

343 industries includes some former bungie employees.

Well that's good to hear.

Around the Network

Since this is their last halo game, anyone else agree with me that they shoud call it halo 4 and get even more beastly sales? XD

Prates at Sea !!!

lol......When Bungie developes this new Multi IP watch it not even sell well on ps3, considering mostly there fans own a 360

I EXPECT THEM TO CRAWL BACK WITH MAKING HALO GAMES

Both Bungie and Infinity Ward working on new IPs? I see this as the birth of a new era, and quite an exciting one at that.

Lyrikalstylez said:

lol......When Bungie developes this new Multi IP watch it not even sell well on ps3, considering mostly there fans own a 360

I EXPECT THEM TO CRAWL BACK WITH MAKING HALO GAMES

If its good I think PS3 owners will buy it. And I doubt they'll go back to Halo, 5 games and they must be sick of it and probably FPS games.