By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Guerrilla Games make profit on Killzone 2?

They are owned by Sony they get paid either way

Around the Network

it would seem unlikely that the game made a profit.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

It made a hefty one. Don't let anyone tell you otherwies. There is no evidence suggesting the development cost 60 million. Just a blog from an "insider" who was usually wrong and no longer exists rumor...

well sony said that the game passed their expectations. they were possibly thinking that it will get resistance 2 sales.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Probably no, and what to blame? Sony didn't have Kevin Butler

and also like someone said, even if it didn't profit , Sony is going to pay them , its on Sony's money not the developers, thats one of the pros of being first party.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

$27 x 2.26 million = 61 million (that's about the minimum they got from it)

There were rumors that development was about $20 - $40 million, so they profited. 

Gilgamesh said:

There were rumors that development was about $20 - $40 million, so they profited. 

27 seems awfully low for 1st party and you also arent taking dLC into consideration.

letsdance said:
Gilgamesh said:

27 seems awfully low for 1st party and you also arent taking dLC into consideration.

Exactly why I said minimum, I wasn't sure exactly what it was for first party but I know it's more. 61 million is the minimum amount they made right now, if development was as high as 40 million then they definitely profited.

Just answering the OP and showing how easily they profited on Killzone 2.

Gilgamesh said:
letsdance said:
Gilgamesh said:

Exactly why I said minimum, I wasn't sure exactly what it was for first party but I know it's more. 61 million is the minimum amount they made right now, if development was as high as 40 million then they definitely profited.

Just answering the OP and showing how easily they profited on Killzone 2.

I also forgot to mention Sony sees money on every copy shipped not sold. KZ2 easily profitted and KZ3 will do even better!

Slimebeast said:
V-r0cK said:
KingFate said:
Well if a games goes greatest hits, I think it's safe to say they made a profit.

That's what I was thinking as well. 

I'd take Heavenly Sword for example; it's one of PS3's eariliest games and yet it's still full price at retailers (at least in Canada) because Ninja Theory still hasn't made profit.

Not true. There's no connection like that. They don't drop price just because a game broke even.

Not saying they're automatically going to drop the price once they break even or else MW wouldve been cheap after day 1 lol.  Im just saying for Heavenly Sword's reason for still being at full price to this day is because Ninja Theory still hasnt break even though.  Forgot where i read that article, but its just one way to notice if a game broke even.  Doesnt mean it's going to happen to every game though nor all devs follow that routine.