By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A little late to the Resident Evil scene

you're right - it's a great game !

when you finish 5.4 you can play the bonus chapter!

Around the Network

RE4 is awesome not only for being a great game, but having unlockable content that's good enough to multiply the amount of time you spend on the game. Almost everybody I know who has beaten the game has proceeded to beat it several times with all the stuff you get after the first time, and most have even bothered clearing the Mercenaries mode.

I really want to know what Shinji Mikami's next game is. ;___;

ArtofAngels said:
routsounmanman said:
Resident Evil is one of the best series ever, especially it's latest (classic) installment, RE4. Enjoy the game while it's still easy. Wait till you get to the last chapters! I think 5-4 is the last one.

PS: I'd also recomend RE0, RE remake on Cube and RE2

It is kinda easy so far, a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Mainly because the game basically throws ammo at you, I imagine it will get much harder like you have stated, hopefully I will be able to get enough room in my inventory to hold all the stuff I want plus a Rocket Launcher, I'd feel secure with one of those things on standby.

5.4 chapters, good the game must be decent sized.

The game took me about 12-15 hours to finish on Cube. About 7-8 hours second time on the Wii. The meat of it is in the extras, though. 

Are you playing on Easy or Normal? If you think the game is easy on "normal, then you ought to try it on Professional (after beating it) as it's 2x the fun and agony there. Anyways, after the 3-1 chapter, things begin to get wild.

*Spoiler I Guess*

I just got in the castle now after killing what's his face, scary beard man, he mutated like freakin hell had broken loose, bloody gruesome game I tell you.

He was kinda tough, he exhausted practically all my ammo and health supplies.

Yeah I'm playing through on normal mode, for I thought if I picked easy I would not unlock most of the good stuff when I finish the game.

Mercenaries is one of the bonuses and you'll probably spend almost as much time in mercenaries as with the main game, 5 selectable characters and Resident evil 4's gameplay is perfect for high score accumulateing arcade style action

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Hi Angels

You started playing the RE series with the game that is most radically changed of all RE's in terms of controls and visuals. ALL OTHER Resident Evil games have vastly different 3rd person perspective controls. If you can get used to slightly awkward controls, then I'd say the next RE you should play is Code Veronica X if you have a PS2, or the original RE remake for GameCube.

As for story continuity, all you really need to know is "Umbrella gets its evil clutches on the T-Virus once again, and the entire population of _____ has turned to zombies."

Unfortunately, you started with the best game in the series so all others will pale in comparison.

Hey thanks for the info, and more so a thanks for signing up to post me this :)

I don't know if I plan on playing any previous RE's.

Can't wait for RE:UC though.

I'm in the same boat as you. I picked up RE4 about 3 weeks ago. I know the previous games had way different controls and I didn't feel like back tracking through systems I might not have to play a control style I might not like.

RE:UC is great for getting the basics of the previous stories (and all kinds of nice reading material) as it covers 0, 1, and 3.

I hope they redo Resident Evil 2 with 4 controls. There has to be some reason they left out Resident Evil 2 from UC.

cAPSLOCK said:
I'm in the same boat as you. I picked up RE4 about 3 weeks ago. I know the previous games had way different controls and I didn't feel like back tracking through systems I might not have to play a control style I might not like.

RE:UC is great for getting the basics of the previous stories (and all kinds of nice reading material) as it covers 0, 1, and 3.

I hope they redo Resident Evil 2 with 4 controls. There has to be some reason they left out Resident Evil 2 from UC.

Perhaps they left out 2 and Code Veronica so they could produce a second Umbrella Chronicles game though a reworking of 2 with 4 like gameplay mechanics would be awesome

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE4 Wii was also my first RE game and I was very impressed, it's one of the if not the single best game I've ever played and rivals Galaxy for my most enjoyable Wii experience so far. Plus it's the only game I've ever played that had unlockable content that actually made me complete the entire game more than once -- I actually beat the main game three times and the Ada missions twice. The only thing I didn't like were the mercenaries missions, I thought they were overly difficult and incredibly boring.