By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sued over Linux removal, Case documents surface

i guess they all left. I really hope consumers win in this case, I don't want other companies trying the same thing. Any updates on the actual case?

Around the Network

Thranx, most people was simply stating it still didnt happen while the case stated that it did happen, which wasnt true. Now its true ;)! I also hope the guy win, this create a very bad precedant. If you get any news post them here, ill do the same.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/01/2999045.htm

Aussie gamer loses Playstation court fight

A gamer who sued Sony over an upgrade that removed functions from his Playstation 3 console has lost a court claim against the company.

Adelaide man Michael Trebilcock wanted $800 in compensation, claiming the upgrade meant the console could no longer be used as a computer.

Electronic game players in the United States have launched class actions over the same issue.

Holden Hill Magistrates Court previously heard the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission cleared Sony of any wrongdoing regarding the upgrade.

Mr Trebilcock's claim was dismissed by the magistrate, but he was not made to pay Sony's legal costs.

Pretty sure it's the case related to this thread?

Dallinor said:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/01/2999045.htm

Aussie gamer loses Playstation court fight

A gamer who sued Sony over an upgrade that removed functions from his Playstation 3 console has lost a court claim against the company.

Adelaide man Michael Trebilcock wanted $800 in compensation, claiming the upgrade meant the console could no longer be used as a computer.

Electronic game players in the United States have launched class actions over the same issue.

Holden Hill Magistrates Court previously heard the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission cleared Sony of any wrongdoing regarding the upgrade.

Mr Trebilcock's claim was dismissed by the magistrate, but he was not made to pay Sony's legal costs.

Pretty sure it's the case related to this thread?

Anyone with a pre remove other OS firmware can confirm if he can play the newest games or not? Would have been better to use that as argument in the lawsuit. Might have won. I dont think this thread was about this lawsuit though, I think it was about the collective american one.