By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake's developers lazy? They couldn't get sandbox to work, but....

... Deadly Premonition was able to work in a sandbox.  People like to throw the word "lazy" around regarding developers who don't fully deliver.  Well, Alan Wake was supposed to exist in a sandbox, and the developers couldn't get it to work, BUT the developers of Deadly Premonition got their game to work in a sandbox environment.  So, due the the fact the word "lazy" flows around here like water, shouldn't people be calling the Alan Wake developers lazy also?

Or maybe we should stop using the word "lazy" all the time?

Around the Network

Does anyone have a giant "rolleyes" .gif handy?

lol...

Sandbox was the downfall of Deadly premonition to me. 15 hours in I lost patience cause i have to wait for certain times and events. Great game still though...I wish you could just do the missions without sandbox.

So is there a point or are you just ranting/trolling?

There don't appear to be any skirts in the game, so I'm going to have to agree. Remedy Entertainment are lazy developers.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

It wasn't from a technical perspective they couldn't get it to work. They couldn't get it to 'work' from a storytelling and pacing perspective.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

it not only a lot of work to do it sandbox stile is also more expensive and this kind of games are not as popular as shooters so they cant go around pumping money into them, look at dead space is a great game but it sold much less than one of those popular FPS titles.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

that dosn;t make them lazy, it was a design choice to allow the story to be paced better.

It's much easier and often better to tell a story in a chronological manner this way. The game will probably be more polished this way as well.

Remedy are good developers.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

You look WAY too deeply into insignificant matters, Rich.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!