By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cohort Studios: Move is “so much more accurate” than Wiimote

Well, the Wiimote should have already worked well.
Instead, they make us buy an accessory to make it work like it
should have in the first place. God, I hope sony doesn't pull
off some bull like that.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
bmmb1 said:

Haven't played Grand Slam Tennis, but having played Wii Sports Resort of course, of course the Wii Motion Plus mimics wrist movements accurately whenever it is needed. A very visual example is actually the frisbee beach game. Coming to conclusions when you don't really know the subject matter does not exactly enhance your credibility in this and Wii related threads where you like to make your appearance for whatever reason.

I have played wsr (only for a lil time tho) but I was pretty certain it didn't mimic my wrist movements accurately, sorry. Same with RS2. Freedom of motion IS limited in the Wii.

I don't get this the wii can do everything the move can do claims :S have you guys not seen the tech demos of late? Wii can't do many things to the extent the Move can do, check out the official move thread for the vids if you haven't seen them yet, will help 'your' credibility as well ;)

and for the info, this is the Sony section, talking about the Move's accuracy. I have played the wii and have been following the Move. I would like it if you don't question 'my' reasons. I have a PS3 and I'm exicted for it. Why 'your' spending time here is not clear tho and netiher do I care, so make your 'appearence" anywhere you like, it IS the intetwebz. Just try to stick to the discussion and not underhanded witty remarks, cuz that can go both ways

there is a big difference between what the Wii Remote can do, and what developers have chosen to do.

There is little problem tracking 1:1 your hand motions (hook it up to a PC, then try writing a program for it. not to hard to create a tech demo like that if you have the time). The problem becomes transforming that in to fun accessible gameplay. There could be a 1:1 tennis game, however very few people are that skilled at tennis. If I had a true 1:1 tennis game I wouldn't bother with it because I suck at tennis so much. However, I do enjoy Grand Slam Tennis, becuase it has the "feel" of being real, and it does accuratly recreate what I was trying to do (spin, power and so on) without me having to press buttons.

As famousringo properly pointed out. The Wii Remote & WM+ can do the same thing the Move can do, but keeping it calibrated is a tougher task, as you have to get the user to point at the screen rather than being able to read it almost all the time.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Will say it does look cooler than the Wiimote. and it does look more precise from the things we have been shown. Glad they decided to not just make it wave left to right.

Wow. That is pretty silly. Clearly millions and millions of people have Wii Motion Plus. No one has Move. There are quite a few games and plenty more coming out for Wii Motion Plus. There are no games for Move but some are coming out. It seems almost everyone that knows anything about videogames knows that Wii Motion Plus has done better and will continue to do better.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Yet, only the sword tech demo showed that - in fact that was amazing!

But all the other games, imo, lacked precision.

Around the Network
WIzarDE said:
Cohort studios CEO name is Lol Scragg ... Am I the only one that finds this funny ? xD

No, we're two, I was wondering whether their CTO's name is Rotfl Schwartz and if he owns a camper able to travel at Ludicrous Speed. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I thought people concluded that tech demo's barely show what the tech can do in games or am I mistaken? I hate Tech demos. However, I would love to see what the next Zelda can do with the Wii controls.

Severance said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
famousringo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
It's kinda obvious tho, Move is Definitely more responsive than the wii even with the motion plus...

Simple example: The table tennis game on the Move. the wii has not been able to do what it can do cuz it's mainly precoded commands used in many wii games (top spin, I can't wait to use it lol)

Either way at E3 we will see how Move and Natal will shine :) can't wait

If you're so eager to play with spin, you could just buy yourself Wii Sports Resort and Grand Slam Tennis right now.

Does those games mimic your wrist movements or are based or precoded movements? I would think it's the latter

Yes it does mimic it, but why claim you know something about something, if you don't know anything about it?

As I told earlier (you might wanna read them before posting) I 'have' played games on the wii, even played RS2 recently, and even with Motion+ I did not feel it tracked my movements well, felt pre programmed or something, that's why I asked the question. Let's wait until Move comes out and then I can give a proper comparison to both

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Ehm.. I don't know Cohort Studios... how many wii games did they make?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Assuming both devices use similar quality accelerometers and gyroscopes, the PS Move is going to be more accurate simply because the PS Eye can keep track of the PS Move. So if you move the PS Move down 12 inches, the PS Eye can see that it moved down 12 inches. The Wiimote has to extrapolate from accelerometer data that it moved down 12 inches.

And if we're talking in terms of spatial awareness, the PS Eye + Move is much, much more capable than the Wiimote + Motion Plus + Sensor bar. I don't think anyone who knows geometry can argue with that. Properly calibrated, the PS Eye + Move will be able to tell almost exactly where the PS Move is pointing at on the TV screen. The same is impossible with the Wiimote + Motion Plus + Sensor bar.

In short, the Move probably really is much more accurate than the Wiimote. I just think that it won't matter all that much for most games.