By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cohort Studios: Move is “so much more accurate” than Wiimote

M.U.G.E.N said:
It's kinda obvious tho, Move is Definitely more responsive than the wii even with the motion plus...

Simple example: The table tennis game on the Move. the wii has not been able to do what it can do cuz it's mainly precoded commands used in many wii games (top spin, I can't wait to use it lol)

Either way at E3 we will see how Move and Natal will shine :) can't wait

If you're so eager to play with spin, you could just buy yourself Wii Sports Resort and Grand Slam Tennis right now.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

And how much money will such accuracy cost ? I think the price will be Sony's biggest problem for selling it to the casual masses.

famousringo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
It's kinda obvious tho, Move is Definitely more responsive than the wii even with the motion plus...

Simple example: The table tennis game on the Move. the wii has not been able to do what it can do cuz it's mainly precoded commands used in many wii games (top spin, I can't wait to use it lol)

If you're so eager to play with spin, you could just buy yourself Wii Sports Resort and Grand Slam Tennis right now.

Does those games mimic your wrist movements or are based or precoded movements? I would think it's the latter

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

odd...you would have expected a developer who makes a claim like that to have actually worked on a wii game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Cohort studios CEO name is Lol Scragg ... Am I the only one that finds this funny ? xD

Around the Network

Wiimote is still better because it has the games. I doubt that Sony is going to rush out and stuff every 1st party developer onto making Move games from the ground up, so by the time theres any momentum the generation will probably be over.

Tease.

rapsuperstar31 said:

Cohort Studios...who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohort_Studios

They're a Sony developer, a Sony developer that makes Buzz Junior, not even the original Buzz.  And they do outsourced work... so yeah...

Coming from the source I say take the interview with a grain of salt, they've got stakes in the PS3, they might not be first party but they've yet to make a game on another console, or anything outside of Buzz and a handful of outsourced (meaning jobs the big devs can't be bothered to do) games, so the likelyhood they even have any real experience making motion controlled games for PS3, Wii or otherwise is almost nil, so really it's just another useless interview from a developer to promote their horse in the race, they're just telling the internet gamers what they want to hear, who cares who it's coming from yeah?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Oh nothing but PR. I mean it's a developer not only making a PS3 game but a Move PS3 game haha. Meaning don't take it for more than that, just like when a developer making an exclusive game on one system talks bad about another. Just silly PR. What would be surprising is if someone like Cohort Studios DIDN'T say this haha. Then you'd start wondering haha.

I'm sure it will be more accurate.

I'm not so sure many people will care.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

M.U.G.E.N said:
famousringo said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Does those games mimic your wrist movements or are based or precoded movements? I would think it's the latter

Haven't played Grand Slam Tennis, but having played Wii Sports Resort of course, of course the Wii Motion Plus mimics wrist movements accurately whenever it is needed. A very visual example is actually the frisbee beach game. Coming to conclusions when you don't really know the subject matter does not exactly enhance your credibility in this and Wii related threads where you like to make your appearance for whatever reason.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin