By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 get this years holiday Release?

Should Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 get this years holiday Release?

Killzone 3 49 41.18%

Resistance 3 70 58.82%

Total:119

I would prefer KZ3. But I think that will be next year. So bring on R3!

Around the Network

I'd prefer Killzone 2 but considering they said there may not even be stuff about Killzone 3 at E3 I doubt it's being released till Q3 or Q4 2011.

I'd prefer Resistance 3 but we'd know about it by now. I'm starting to think Insomniac won't release anything this year, maybe early 2011.

How about waiting to see what they even look like first?

I expect Resistance 3 to be unvieled at E3, and next to nothing of KZ3 announced. I don't see Insomniac changing their formula of a game a year, unless the launch of the move is pushing games into 2011.

Around the Network

Since there is no possible way for me to care less about Killzone, I'll go with Resistance 3. Which reminds me, I need to go and play R2!

Killzone 2 WAS COMPLETED in time for Holiday 2008, but was pushed back as SONY didn't want to release two shooters so close and Inzomniac likes to release at least 1 game per year. So technically, if Killzone3 were to release this holiday it would be 2 years after Killzone 2 was done.

With that said, I would rather Resistance 3 this year and Killzone3 next so that I only have 1 shooter to buy [Socom this then Killzone next year for me]. That's just me, though.

4 ≈ One

Vetteman94 said:
Herbie95 said:
DM235 said:
R3 before KZ3 to keep Insomniac happy :)

And it would give more time to make KZ3 more polished. Anything less than 2 years is tough on a developer.

Insomniac, they are able to produce a quality game every year.

I believe they have multiple studios, one that works on Ratchet games,  the other that works on Resistance games.  I think they even have a third they opened up recently as well.  Guerilla Games only has 1 studio.

They have two studios, one of which has yet to announce a title and hasn't been open for too long yet. I think what you're thinking of is their multiple teams. They've had one team working on Ratchet, another on Resistance, and then one team that moves back and forth between the two. Ratchet and Resistance are both developed in the same studio. (Regardless, there is still a two year cycle for each game).

OT: I'd love to see Resistance 3 this year. Killzone 2 was good, but I prefer Resistance to it. Both 1 and 2. The lack of co-op was one major problem I had with KZ2, and I loved the co-op mode in R2 though I do hope to see splitscreen as well in R3.

R3 please. Finish the trilogy? And bring back 2 player split screen coop!

I would love for KZ3 to come this year, its my favorite shooter , but I really don't see how its possible, Res 3 is more likley.