By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will be a better system seller

Well lots of fanboys will mindlessly buy Halo, so i think Halo even though GT5 will be a far better game.

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Around the Network
Herbie95 said:
Well lots of fanboys will mindlessly buy Halo, so i think Halo even though GT5 will be a far better game.

If they are that big a fanboy, why have they not bought Halo 3?

scottie said:
Herbie95 said:

You just won.  GG.

Millennium said:
Neither, or rather, it won't be possible to tell. The people who want Halo: Reach got a 360 for Halo 3, and the people who want GT5 got a PS3 for the Prologue. One could still argue -especially in GT5's case- that these games were still responsible for a number of console sales before the game's release, but that can't be tracked with any accuracy.

Yeah, I know tons of people who bought a $500 gaming system for a Demo.

Damnit, my sarcasm font isn't working again!

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

well reach will sell better but gt5 will prob be a better system seller.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
well reach will sell better but gt5 will prob be a better system seller.

I don't know, that would be a close one to call...

Halo 3 is sitting just under 11 million now, while the last 2 "complete" GT games sold between 10.5 and just under 15 million

Ssenkahdavic said:
scottie said:
Herbie95 said:

You just won.  GG.

:) Do I get cookies?

gustave154 said:
wholikeswood said:
39% of those who intend to buy GT5 do not yet own a PS3.

Let's say GT5 sells what the usual iteration sells (10mil) - that's 4 million consoles going to be shifted by the title...

Thats kinda fail logic u got here....

How is that fail logic?  Let me correct him, thats 3.9 million consoles going to be sold by the title.

Tanstalas said:
gustave154 said:
wholikeswood said:
39% of those who intend to buy GT5 do not yet own a PS3.

Let's say GT5 sells what the usual iteration sells (10mil) - that's 4 million consoles going to be shifted by the title...

Thats kinda fail logic u got here....

How is that fail logic?  Let me correct him, thats 3.9 million consoles going to be sold by the title.

It is fail logic because these 'buying intent' surveys rarely have any bearing to real life

GT5, but at this point in the PS3 life the bump isnt going to be of much signifigance. Who pulled the 39% number out of thier butt? Wait, wait I forget everyone that wants GT5 will want a new PS3 for it.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.