By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will be a better system seller

GT5 all da way home

Around the Network

GT5, while it has GT5P already on PS3, should shift more consoles than Reach. But if Reach launches with a special edition console expect week 1 360 sales to go through the roof. So you could easily see more 360's sell on Reach launch week than PS3s on GT5 launch week.

But if there was a special edition GT5 PS3... well all bets are off if special edition is competing with special edition.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

gt5 because I think a lot of people who are interessted in halo reach already own an xbox and play halo 3 and halo odst or gears etc.
but for driving sim fans there is only forza 3 out there at the moment

GT5 ofcourse. halo reach wont be a huge systemseller b/c of Halo 3 and Halo ODST. It could sell even less Software then Halo 3. And will sell definetly less Hardware.

Neither, or rather, it won't be possible to tell. The people who want Halo: Reach got a 360 for Halo 3, and the people who want GT5 got a PS3 for the Prologue. One could still argue -especially in GT5's case- that these games were still responsible for a number of console sales before the game's release, but that can't be tracked with any accuracy.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

Obviously Gran Turismo 5.

GT5

Not saying Halo Reach won't move consoles but there are many more people out there who'd buy a PS3 with GT5 so GT5 will be a bigger system seller.

GT5 mainly because most of the people who wanted to get in the halo game for the next gen bought the 360 for Halo 3.

GT5 as it will sell similar numbers to Halo: Reach but it's the first full GT on the system, whereas Halo 3 and to a lesser extent Halo 3: ODST have driven the sales that the Halo franchise brings already.