By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will be a better system seller

GT5 seems more likely.

Around the Network

take a leaf from nintendos book and release a white console then introduce a sleek black then you wont need a system seller! LOL! Masters of the videogame industry not just with software but with hardware too

I hope Halo:Reach but I have a bad feeling Gran Turismo 5 will be a bigger console seller than Halo:Reach. Halo:Reach is the 3rd FPS Halo game this generation : Halo3/Halo 3:ODST/Halo:Reach. Halo Wars does not count due to being  an RTS game. Halo Wars was made by a now bankrupt game studio Ensemble, Bungie played no role in the development/production of that game.

In regards to highest game sales: Halo:Reach should sell more sales first week, first month, first year and ltd than Gran Turismo 5.

GT5, if Halo fans dont already own a 360 then im a small primate from space!

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
wholikeswood said:
yo_john117 said:
wholikeswood said:
39% of those who intend to buy GT5 do not yet own a PS3.

Let's say GT5 sells what the usual iteration sells (10mil) - that's 4 million consoles going to be shifted by the title...

I don't care what that stupid study says GT5 WILL NEVER move 4 million PS3's, it won't even move 1 Million, and it will be extremely lucky to move 500k PS3's

That aside I think GT5 will be a better system seller than Halo: Reach.

I don't mean 4mil on launch week, btw. Just over time.

Well there's no real way to tell how many PS3's GT5 will sell.  I just don't see 4 million people getting a PS3 simply because of GT5.  Maybe 1 million over its entire lifespan, but 4....no.

I believe that's too low. GT5 will sell more than 1 million PS3s over time.

Well I imagine GT5 will sell about the same amount of hardware as Halo 3 did, and i'm pretty sure Halo 3 hasn't moved more than 500k Xbox 360's.

Halo 3 wasn't anticipated as long. I see GT5 pulling in higher numbers overall.

It's almost impossible to track the HW gt5 will sell!

because there are probably some people who buy the system before the game comes out  or maybe after a one of the game shows like e3  gamecom or tgs  or because of a demo/beta release

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
wholikeswood said:
yo_john117 said:
wholikeswood said:
39% of those who intend to buy GT5 do not yet own a PS3.

Let's say GT5 sells what the usual iteration sells (10mil) - that's 4 million consoles going to be shifted by the title...

I don't care what that stupid study says GT5 WILL NEVER move 4 million PS3's, it won't even move 1 Million, and it will be extremely lucky to move 500k PS3's

That aside I think GT5 will be a better system seller than Halo: Reach.

I don't mean 4mil on launch week, btw. Just over time.

Well there's no real way to tell how many PS3's GT5 will sell.  I just don't see 4 million people getting a PS3 simply because of GT5.  Maybe 1 million over its entire lifespan, but 4....no.

I believe that's too low. GT5 will sell more than 1 million PS3s over time.

Well I imagine GT5 will sell about the same amount of hardware as Halo 3 did, and i'm pretty sure Halo 3 hasn't moved more than 500k Xbox 360's.

Halo 3 pushed more than 500K people over the edge. The question is when.  Many of them purchase the 360 early on with every intention that  they were getting the 360 for Halo 3 (And other Halo games they assumed would come) well before Halo 3 released.  I would say more 360s were sold because of Halo 3 before release than after.  I believe the same is true for GT5 especially when you had GT5P out for a number of years before GT5 release.   The person claiming 4 million PS3s will sell after GT5 release (even over years) because of GT5 is being foolish.  That is claiming that like 50% of expected sales of GT5 are to new PS3 purchasers. 

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:

GT5

but nowhere near as big as many here think, the longer a title takes to release the lesser the effect of that title.

You dont understand. People that buy GT5 also purchase a new PS3 even if they already have a PS3.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.