By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to all who played FFXIII

Tagged games:

Eternal Sonata?, I'll check it out I am a total noob when it comes to RPGs, I spend most hours on MAG.

PSN - Kratos0518

Around the Network

I think they'll love it.

But the combat system takes time to ramp up, new elements are introduced slowly & at a pace that lets you master the elements introduced before introducing new ones.......but this may be very good for younger players. I mean my friend who's new to FF said he liked that it introduced major gameplay elements 4 hours in....for me thats the reason the first 4 hours of the game were disappointing.

Luckily the tutorials are very well done except for the weapon upgrading one.

In terms of whether its appropriate......it doesn't have any gore, it does have violence but no blood (which is weird in one bit), no sex or anything is present.

In all the game is a classic, but like barozi said it may get difficult for them later on. I mean the game isn't very hard, its not the hardest FF.

But when I was 8 I could finish most of FF7/8/9 alone so I won't want to under-estimate them for no reason.

If you think they can handle the game get it for them, if not don't. Only you can know if they can handle the difficulty.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It is an excellent game one of the best this generation but like others I express difficulty concerns. they will be fine for the first 15 hours and could fall in love with the world, characters, summons like I did (Its my first Final Fantasy). If you said they were 10 I'd say buy it in a heartbeat but at the same time I think I could have handled the game when I was 6 or 7. I agree with Leo-J, get it if they dislike it return it.

Kratos0518 said:

I have 2 nephews 6 and 7yrs old, they play Pokemon alot on their DS and for their birthday i want to buy them a PS3 and FFXIII. Question is will they enjoy it, is it even appropriate? I need some input from the community. BTW I am also getting them Ratchet and some PSN games.

Yeah. I believe they will enjoy it. There is nothing bad about the game either that would be in-appropriate. I started to like FF at a young age and have grown up to love it. So definitely get it for them!

I think they won't understand alot, they're too young. Little Big planet may be good for them!

Favourite Games:

PS: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII. PS2: Resident Evil 4, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 4, Soul Calibur III. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Mototstorm PR, God of War III, Modern Warfare 2. Xbox: Suteki, Fatal Frame II DC, Jade Empire. 360: Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead or Alive 4.

Around the Network

I personally didn't enjoy the game, I could see a little kid enjoying it. I first played FF when I was about 7, and I loved it.

As I grew older the J-RPG mechanics started to bore me, and now I'm a bigger fan of platformers and action/adventure games (think Prince of Persia).

All in all, FF13 is by far my favorite FF game, but I don't like FF games. Take that as you will. It removed the pain points of the older games, while not being overly easy. I'd say it's perfect for kids.

For an FF game, I find it really easy though. :/ Which kinda blows.

Wipeout!? O_o. That game is pretty darn hard... But maybe not on Easy. Good luck finding the right game. Modnation Racers is something to look out for too.

I survived the Apocalyps3

NO, too young.

Hated the game.

So I certainly wouldn't recommend it to them -.o

However none of it seemed innapropraite. It may be a tad too hard in the later stages though.