By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to all who played FFXIII

Tagged games:

twesterm said:
d21lewis said:
Oh yeah. They're 6 and 7. A lot of people DIE in FF13. I'm not sure a little kid needs to see that kind of stuff until they are at least 7 1/2 years old.

I'm not even sure it the PS3 is the right gift for a 6 or 7 year old, either. In all honesty, I don't even think that a Wii is a good gift for them. Get them some DS games or if you really want to do them some good, buy them some sort of ball or bicycle or even a trampoline. Don't set them down the path to the dark side so early in their lives!

Yeah, in a few years a PS3 might be wonderful for them but by the time they're old enough to actually enjoy a PS3 it will also be much cheaper.  Kids 10 and under love them some DS's so the more DS stuff you get them the more they'll love you.  If you get them a PS3 there are a few games they'll enjoy but they will likely go back to their DS.

My sister has kids that are 9, 6, and 5 and they have a PS3, Wii, and thee DS's.  You know what gets played the most?  Their DS's by far.  The TV generally gets stuck on some kid show and they play their DS.  Buying them a PS3 at this moment would be a cool gift but would end up just wasting your money.

See, that's why I had dueling TV's in my room.  TV shows on one TV.

NES/Atari/Balley Astrocade/SNES/ETC on the other.

Or games hooked up to both in the case of a lot of company.

Before i moved out to Vegas I actually had a 3 TV setup.  Atari and NES on one... 360 and Wii on another... and PS3 on the third.  That was fun.  Helpfull to if there was a basetball game I wanted to keep my eyes on. 

Around the Network

They will bore of the game quickly. And the find the right paradigm until you stagger the opponent gameplay for every enemy becomes very grinding too. I can see where most fans of the series would like it, but I couldn't finish it. Given, I got 40 hours into the game, I still didn't want to finish it, and I sold it on ebay this past week for the low price of 38.99 with free shipping. It was my least favorite 3D final fantasy, as I replayed numbers 7-12 (not XI) multiple times each.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Its one of the best FF of all time. U shud get no1 shud miss this game.

I have actually heard of a few kids who absolutey fell in love with the story and characters (yes they liked Hope!). The parents however, played for them... and there also parts with over 5 hours of no story development.

If the OP was just looking for another reason to buy the game and a PS3 for himself, you should go for it!

If you want a good one to start with but you still want FF; you should get them FFIX because the plot is light and funny unlike the serious drama of VII and VIII. Possibly Crystal Chronicles games too but Ive never played them.

Around the Network

I honestly don't see how any 6 - 7 year old would be able to play FFXIII, and certainly not complete it.

Some of the later battles involve incredibly quick and intricate battle strategies, wait till they are in their teens for a game like that.

forget the battle system , they will be bored to tears by just about everything else

Kratos0518 said:

I have 2 nephews 6 and 7yrs old, they play Pokemon alot on their DS and for their birthday i want to buy them a PS3 and FFXIII. Question is will they enjoy it, is it even appropriate? I need some input from the community. BTW I am also getting them Ratchet and some PSN games.

I'm guessing they specifically asked for FXIII, so in that case but it for them. I was 8 when I played my first FF game and enjoyed it. Don't let those who suck at playing video games insult their intelligence. Plus, we don't want them to turn out as little pokemon fanboys when they are older now do we? We must recruit final fantasy fans when they are young :)

AceRock said:
They will bore of the game quickly. And the find the right paradigm until you stagger the opponent gameplay for every enemy becomes very grinding too. I can see where most fans of the series would like it, but I couldn't finish it. Given, I got 40 hours into the game, I still didn't want to finish it, and I sold it on ebay this past week for the low price of 38.99 with free shipping. It was my least favorite 3D final fantasy, as I replayed numbers 7-12 (not XI) multiple times each.

What? lol no. You must be one of those who spent 10 minutes every battle becasue you did not know how the function of each job. Only RAV can raise the stagger bar, COM and SAB raise it VERY slowly. COM and SAB raise the endurance of the stagger bar. Thats it, hard stuff right? As for jobs, COM RAV RAV and COM COM COM (after staggered) is all you need for the offensive through the story. For the endgame long gui fights you use x3 of all six jobs.

I'm gonna have to say that there are better choices than FF XIII. The game is pretty complex and it's not very kid-friendly.