By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REALLY ENJOYED RESIDENT EVIL 5?

ameratsu said:
bobobologna said:

Haha, I never saw that, I didn't fail any of the QTEs on the plane.  Might have to go back and fail a couple just to see hilarity ensue.

I found it on youtube! Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_pv_R1dFfQ

Epic! I never failed any of those except the gunshot to save Sheva at the end before. I'm playing through it again just to see that in 42" HD glory!

OT: RE5 was my personal GOTY 2009. But after playing Lost in Nightmares I really want 6 to be the castle crawling, puzzle solving, low ammo that that had. Actually, I really want capcom to take the RE5 engine and remake 0 - 3 and CV, I would do nothing but play Resident Evil for a couple months!

Around the Network

BEST CO-OP GAME EVER

Thus in my top 5 of 2009. A must have game.

No it was really good, plus it made sense to fight the enemies with guns. I have to say just make the next one longer and with better graphics.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

A friend of mine said that RE5 was good. I will pick it up when I get some more $$.

I honestly didn't find RE4 as awesome as 90% of the people who played it did. But I will surely enjoy 5. I liked the demo.

Actually there's a good number of people who liked it, however it doesn't hold up as a worthy sequel to Resident Evil 4 which is one of the best games of all time. Die hard fans are dissapointed with the shift from a survival-horror game to an action game. It was for the best, it had to be done to prevent the series from becoming stale. I also didn't really like any of the previous Resident Evil games, they weren't very scary at all as they relied on cheap shock scares and bad camera angles.

Resident Evil 5 is a good game on co-op, but a nightmare if you play with a computer controlled Sheva.

Around the Network

That death video was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

d21lewis said:
That death video was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I was just about to say that

m1987mp said:

A lot of people complain about it not being as good as RE4 and I honestly don't understand why. I know your going to say "It was scarier" or "It didn't have coop." When I played it I was shocked by how fun and smooth the controls were compared to 4. Yeah RE4 was good, but the coop makes RE5 a lot more fun in my opinion, and I also don't get why it people put it down because it wasn't exactley what they were expecting. Almost everyone loved RE4 so you knew that it was going to have the same kind of gameplay, but people still complained about that. It's just that I can't stand people saying it was not close to as good as RE4 when they were practically identical.

(You know what else I never got, why does every resident evil have to be all gloomy, it just makes no sense. There's zombies outside but they decide that we're going to kill zombies for one week when the weather is bad and maybe at night just for a challange. lol)

4 is just like 5, i was suprised how similar it was, similar type of gameplay.

imo res5 was a blast one of best games in 2009, over 35hours i clocked in game, very addictive. plus it has what res4 doesnt online 2 player co-op campain.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Series went from best in class gameplay to forgetable coop shooter. Its still fun but nothing special anymore...

AppetitePat said:

People bitch for nothing...  It was the same thing with Resistance 2.

People are allowed to be upset if they feel they wasted $60 on a game they really didn't enjoy!!  The game wasn't terrible and was better than Devil May Cry 4, but it just wasn't up to the high standards of past Resident Evil games!  Resident Evil 1,2,4, and remake are all solid 9/10 while Resident Evil 5 is more like a 7/10.