By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Metacritic hate!

Proof that Metacritic is nothing but an extension of fanboys. Check out this glowing commentary by people who visit Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alan+Wake+-+Xbox+360/9714917.p?id=1218156776148&skuId=9714917#tabbed-customerreviews

It is sitting under 3/5. Why? Well, after some Microsoft fanboy gave it a 5/5 and said:
"Alan Wake will no doubt be not only the greatest game this year but the greatest video game ever created. This is definite Game-of-the-Year material. The graphics top any PS3 exclusive (e.g. Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, etc.). This will be one of the most story-rich games ever, with a thriller element tied into a full action game. There will also be immensely engaging daytime scenarios that will allow you to freely explore the beautiful but mysterious town of Bright Falls. Ultimately, this game will set a new standard in engaging, story-driven single-player experiences."

You get one individual who happens to give it a 2.0/5.0 and says...
"uhhhhh... looks like a slow w/no action at all game. Let's see once the demo comes out!"

And then you this individual who gives it a 1.0/5.0 and says...
"Alan Wake Doesn't sound like fun, reminds me of Alone in the Dark 360
sorry :/"

SERIOUSLY? At this point, I hope there is a realizing that the voice of the masses is like the pooftahs of arses. At this point, it doesn't matter WHAT the game is, it has to be ammo in a fanboy war. All this done before anyone even gets their hands on the game. And my take is that, as insanely inane the first review is, it is probably closer to reality than the other two. Did someone say people have WAY too much time on their hands? It looks like it to me.

Around the Network
AngelosL said:
I dont understand the people who did this on metacritic...and I never will. And that's something that comforts me :P But I don't understand people like the guy above either(the one with the alan wake picture). I'm a ps3 fanboy, I really dislike M$ as a company ,but I'm not criticizing anyone who owns an xbox. They just like different exclusives than I do and have different opinion than me or don't care about the company they support.

But I have to say ,Alan Wake is the first Xbox exclusive that got my attention...

WHAT?  You don't believe that engaging in partisan posting nonsense will make a difference in the console war?  What's wrong with you man?  Do you have a life or someting?

CGI-Quality said:
PearlJam said:
Hynad said:

It goes both ways. ¬_¬

It's not equal (not even close), one side seems to have way more people with too much time on their hands. I'll let you figure out which side that is.

If it doesn't work both ways, show us how more it happens on Meta to 360 games than PS3 games. We'll have a better understanding.

I wasn't talking about meta scores exclusively, but all the retarded shit that a certain group of "gamers" do with their spare time (which they seem to have plenty of). And I never said it doesn't work both ways, I said one group does it far more than the other. I don't need to gather stats for you, unlike other people I don't have time for this shit. Take a quick look at youtube, this website, or any other multi-plat gaming site and you will quickly see how disproportionate it really is.

I understand that a certain system had plenty of shit flung its way early on (deservedly so), but that is not a good reason to be obnoxious and annoying.

richardhutnik said:

Proof that Metacritic is nothing but an extension of fanboys. Check out this glowing commentary by people who visit Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alan+Wake+-+Xbox+360/9714917.p?id=1218156776148&skuId=9714917#tabbed-customerreviews

It is sitting under 3/5. Why? Well, after some Microsoft fanboy gave it a 5/5 and said:
"Alan Wake will no doubt be not only the greatest game this year but the greatest video game ever created. This is definite Game-of-the-Year material. The graphics top any PS3 exclusive (e.g. Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, etc.). This will be one of the most story-rich games ever, with a thriller element tied into a full action game. There will also be immensely engaging daytime scenarios that will allow you to freely explore the beautiful but mysterious town of Bright Falls. Ultimately, this game will set a new standard in engaging, story-driven single-player experiences."

You get one individual who happens to give it a 2.0/5.0 and says...
"uhhhhh... looks like a slow w/no action at all game. Let's see once the demo comes out!"

And then you this individual who gives it a 1.0/5.0 and says...
"Alan Wake Doesn't sound like fun, reminds me of Alone in the Dark 360
sorry :/"

SERIOUSLY? At this point, I hope there is a realizing that the voice of the masses is like the pooftahs of arses. At this point, it doesn't matter WHAT the game is, it has to be ammo in a fanboy war. All this done before anyone even gets their hands on the game. And my take is that, as insanely inane the first review is, it is probably closer to reality than the other two. Did someone say people have WAY too much time on their hands? It looks like it to me

I think that in your example, the first post is clearly meant to entice others to flame. Its far from being better. The message is as clear as the other 2: my console is better, fuck the rest. But I agree with the basic idea of your post.

[Note: Ignore the user vote tally above. They are very old votes from people who have not played the game. They will be zero'd out before the game is released.]

Around the Network
PearlJam said:
CGI-Quality said:
PearlJam said:
Hynad said:

It goes both ways. ¬_¬

It's not equal (not even close), one side seems to have way more people with too much time on their hands. I'll let you figure out which side that is.

If it doesn't work both ways, show us how more it happens on Meta to 360 games than PS3 games. We'll have a better understanding.

I wasn't talking about meta scores exclusively, but all the retarded shit that a certain group of "gamers" do with their spare time (which they seem to have plenty of). And I never said it doesn't work both ways, I said one group does it far more than the other. I don't need to gather stats for you, unlike other people I don't have time for this shit. Take a quick look at youtube, this website, or any other multi-plat gaming site and you will quickly see how disproportionate it really is.

I understand that a certain system had plenty of shit flung its way early on (deservedly so), but that is not a good reason to be obnoxious and annoying.

On youtube? Have to disagree with you there. I can't STAND any fanboy, regardless of console preference, on youtube. I hate fanboys in general, but I can't stand the nerds on youtube, period. Do you see the comments of people who suck up to both TheTruthSettingUFree and GeneralMLD? Neither side is better than the other if I compare the 2.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

aragod said:
Scoobes said:
Lol. This happens all the time with games like this. Happened with Gears and Resistance if I remember rightly. Most people will know to ignore the user reviews, especially if they're checking on the game this early as they'll probably be like us and reading up on the game as much as possible.

Some people are just very sad.

But since it counts towards average, it might negatively affect the game in the end. User reviews are almost as important as press reviews.

Good luck with that. You, user with a ps3 psp, no x360 and probably voting hard.

Maybe it's the fact that Sony was once on top of the mountain in this industry, and the fall from grace has been swift and brutal. The worst thing about being on top is the fall to the bottom, and maybe the transition from PS2 dominance to PS3 heel-dragging has had a damaging effect on the fanboy psyche, leaving them vulnerable and insecure. Maybe fanboys are suffering from a severe case of paranoid delusion, brought about by denial that the PS3 is in third place when once Sony was leading the charge.

-- Jim Sterling

i know im not adding much to the thread, but those people are losers...like its already bad enough that you hate a game cause its not on the console you own, but to go and purposefully vote it down is a new level of immaturity.

"even a dead god still dreams"

augustoaag said:
aragod said:
Scoobes said:
Lol. This happens all the time with games like this. Happened with Gears and Resistance if I remember rightly. Most people will know to ignore the user reviews, especially if they're checking on the game this early as they'll probably be like us and reading up on the game as much as possible.

But since it counts towards average, it might negatively affect the game in the end. User reviews are almost as important as press reviews.

Good luck with that. You, user with a ps3 psp, no x360 and probably voting hard.

Yeah, my whole meaning of life is downrating random xbox games to make me feel better. What I was trying to point out is that some users may be discouraged by negative user feedback. This happend with GTA IV (many people consider downrating it legit) and some other games.

And btw, PC gaming > Consoles.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

augustoaag said:
aragod said:
Scoobes said:

Insecure much?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!