By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the PSP Go was $150 Would you get it?

yes but i agree with him that MGS peace walker bundle is ftw!

Around the Network

yea I probably would

mM
loves2splooge said:
Sure, the PSP GO has value at $150. But what if you don't care about all the extra goodies and just wanna play games? I refuse to buy a DD-exclusive handheld. Digital Distribution is the devil and goes against my interests as a consumer. Why should I accept a business model that provides me with a lot less bang for my buck? Currently I get unlimited rentals, 2 games out with a fast return and reserve option for $26/month. How rational would it be as a consumer to throw that away to pay $60 for 12 hour single-player games that they can't resell/trade in. Digital distribution is an anti-consumer system. Sometimes I think gamers care more about gaming companies than they do themselves. Capitalism isn't about charity. It's about trying to get more for less. And gamers who support a full-on DD transition are not acting rationally.

Thats the point actually, PSPgo isnt market towards people who just wanna play PSP games, those will be better getting the old PSP. Sonys knows that. For person like me who always used the old PSP as MP3/MP4 player + psp games and skype thats where PSPgo is interesting. I in fact purchase one and keep the old one for emulator only. Its a great thing to carry my PSPgo compare to the old PSP, it can fit in my pocket lol. I totally understand your point, but like I said earlier we need to place things in perspective. PSPgo is a multimedia device that plays PSP games. There arent much differences between the PSPgo and others MP3/MP4 player other than the fact it plays PSP games. For a gamer, this make it the perfect MP3/MP4 player to carry around, thats the point.

No.

The PSP Go still does not keep up with current price drops and bargain bin Amazon Deal of the Days and/or the used market.

When you buy a PSP Go your pretty much telling them "Please charge me MSRP! I don't mind at all."

It's just that simple.

If the PSP 2 was not coming out anytime soon then yeah! I love the portability, I just wish the battery life was longer.

Around the Network

I posted earlier, but I'll say it again: For the PSP, I have forsaken physical media. I was one of those anti-Go types but now, I think I get it. I have a PS3 3000 but from what I use my 3000 for, the Go is actually pretty awesome.

It can't compete with an i-Phone/i-Pod etc. as far as features are concerned, but as a gaming device, it is top notch. Play Burnout or Street Fighter Alpha 3 on a PSP. Tell me it isn't awesome! Download PS1 gems like Grandia or Spyro. They look better than they ever did on the PS1! And for some reason, I actually like looking at my PSP XMB and seeing how much content I have packed in there.

-almost 200 comic books
-hundreds and hundreds of pictures taken from my digital camera and from around the net
-every single song I can think of, downloaded from airmp3.com or beemp3.com
-videos that I've downloaded from the net or the PSN (I swap out what's in the system depending on my mood)
-a ton of PS1, PSP, demos, and "Minis" games without the need to ever switch a disc
-the worst damned browser on the planet and PS3 "remote play"
-internet radio, Skype, and access to the Playstation Store
-Free online multi-player including the new Ad-Hoc Party app from the PS3 so that you can play every game online!

The PSP, in my opinion does everything right. At first, I thought it lacked games but even now, there's more content than I have time to play. I used to be a hater but now, the PSP is probably more beloved/played than my 360 or PS3. It destroys my DS (no exaggeration -I own FIVE of them)! I've barely bought a new DS game since the day I bought my PSP. When you actually take advantage of what the system can do, it is a great value. I can see myself buying a GO in the future.......

Yeah its a lot smaller to carry around.

d21lewis said:
I posted earlier, but I'll say it again: For the PSP, I have forsaken physical media. I was one of those anti-Go types but now, I think I get it. I have a PS3 3000 but from what I use my 3000 for, the Go is actually pretty awesome.

It can't compete with an i-Phone/i-Pod etc. as far as features are concerned, but as a gaming device, it is top notch. Play Burnout or Street Fighter Alpha 3 on a PSP. Tell me it isn't awesome! Download PS1 gems like Grandia or Spyro. They look better than they ever did on the PS1! And for some reason, I actually like looking at my PSP XMB and seeing how much content I have packed in there.

-almost 200 comic books
-hundreds and hundreds of pictures taken from my digital camera and from around the net
-every single song I can think of, downloaded from airmp3.com or beemp3.com
-videos that I've downloaded from the net or the PSN (I swap out what's in the system depending on my mood)
-a ton of PS1, PSP, demos, and "Minis" games without the need to ever switch a disc
-the worst damned browser on the planet and PS3 "remote play"
-internet radio, Skype, and access to the Playstation Store
-Free online multi-player including the new Ad-Hoc Party app from the PS3 so that you can play every game online!

The PSP, in my opinion does everything right. At first, I thought it lacked games but even now, there's more content than I have time to play. I used to be a hater but now, the PSP is probably more beloved/played than my 360 or PS3. It destroys my DS (no exaggeration -I own FIVE of them)! I've barely bought a new DS game since the day I bought my PSP. When you actually take advantage of what the system can do, it is a great value. I can see myself buying a GO in the future.......

The UMD has been and probably always will be the worst feature of the PSP. Noise, power consumption, slower access speed, moving mechanism in a portable unit, etc.

But when that's the only way to get your retail copy with a plastic box, slip art and manual, a lot of game geeks get very attached to the format anyway. DD direct to internal solid state storage makes far more sense for a portable media playing unit.

If SCE would just release another UMD reading device to transfer games to the Go, it would suddenly become much more appealing to those who have PSP game libraries on UMD, but apparently it's not a concern.

Either way, the form factor of the Go is much more conducive for real portable use: it's actually pocket sized for those who don't carry a bag or purse everywhere they go.

I personally wouldn't. It's a waste of dough, bro's. #1 I already have a psp, plus I hate how it feels and looks so fragile. Everytime I pick it up at best buy, I feel like I'll crush it if I'm playing one of my games; oh wait, I can't. -_- If it doesn't have UMD, it's not a psp, imo.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

I wouldn't buy any portable for more than $100.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!