By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If the PSP Go was $150 Would you get it?

Yeah im ready for DD.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

I already bought one. As long as a handheld is under 300, it'll be within my price range.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

No. I think dd is dumb and will never support it. Cant understand why someone would want to spend the same amount of money for a game and not get the artwork, booklet, and game that you know is yours forever. DD is just not my cup of tea.

Icyedge said:
Bamboleo said:
No, I would buy it for 100$.

It's the fair price for a UMD-less PSP and for a console that is almost dead.

You really need to put things in perspective. What is the mp3/mp4 player with 16 GB memory built in, bluetooth, wi-fi, awesome screen and small design below 150$ you know of? Not even talking about playing PSP games here. PSPgo is clearly design to be a multimedia device as is a Zune or Ipod but with PSP games playback.

His response was more along the lines of a "I'd buy one if it were given to me for free" type statements. Followed by "so I could sell it on Ebay."

At $150, the Go would be a pretty decent value as a media player compared to other such devices currently on the market. Access to the PSN Store and its games would simply be an add on bonus rather than the primary function.

Bamboleo said:
Icyedge said:
Bamboleo said:
No, I would buy it for 100$.

It's the fair price for a UMD-less PSP and for a console that is almost dead.

You really need to put things in perspective. What is the mp3/mp4 player with 16 GB memory built in, bluetooth, wi-fi, awesome screen and small design below 150$ you know of? Not even talking about playing PSP games here. PSPgo is clearly design to be a multimedia device as is a Zune or Ipod but with PSP games playback.

too big for an mp3/mp4 player, also battery life doesn't help that purpose.

bluetooth for what? I need an extra device apart of my phone with bluetooth for what?

Wi-Fi? I'm yet to see any PSP owner using the PSP browser with buttons. Even the DS browser is a bit gimmick and tricky to navigate, psp browser is laughable control-wise.

Awesome screen's can be found on ebay for 10$, you choose it.

For a multimedia device, there's much more choices out there.

The point of getting a PSP is to play games, period. Now talking about games, the PSP library isn't as good as DS's library, yet it has some amazing pearls... just like the gamecube, which costed 100$ at one point...

It's the fair price for what the PSPgo is.   I bet with you that a 99$ PSPgo would sky rocket PSP sales.

Its not too big. The first PSP was but not the PSPgo. Did you ever hold one in your hand? The only valid point you have is the battery life, where you can get better with solely MP3 player. Bluetooth because you can use a bluetooth headset and use skype at any hotspot or you can also plug a PS3 controller. Wi-Fi was specifically stated because of Skype. Awesome screen I meant the size of it in relation to the size of the device, sorry. The point of getting a PSP is to play games like you said. But thats not the only point of getting a PSPGo, period :P. 100$ is not the fair price for a video player of that quality with a 16 GB built in memory, your being very silly. Sure PSPgo sales would skyrocket at 99$, it would be far below the manufacturing cost lol.

Around the Network

Get it down to 125 then maybe, but i'd need some real convincing to leave my 3000.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

Sure, the PSP GO has value at $150. But what if you don't care about all the extra goodies and just wanna play games? I refuse to buy a DD-exclusive handheld. Digital Distribution is the devil and goes against my interests as a consumer. Why should I accept a business model that provides me with a lot less bang for my buck? Currently I get unlimited rentals, 2 games out with a fast return and reserve option for $26/month. How rational would it be as a consumer to throw that away to pay $60 for 12 hour single-player games that they can't resell/trade in. Digital distribution is an anti-consumer system. Sometimes I think gamers care more about gaming companies than they do themselves. Capitalism isn't about charity. It's about trying to get more for less. And gamers who support a full-on DD transition are not acting rationally.

No.. I want PSP 2!!

And I have a PSP 1000 still and my brother has a PSP 2000..

Meh with 3DS coming for Christmas and PSP2 lurking somewhere around the corner it would be waste.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Yeah the PSP2 should be around the corner. If PSP2 goes digital distribution exclusive like PSP Go, I'm not gonna bother with it though. I would much rather pay a bit extra (say $5 more) for a 4 GB PSP2 flash card game (mini-Blu Ray wouldn't need a price increase at all since optical media is cheap but I prefer flash to optical media) than buy a Digitally Distributed PSP2 game for $5 less. You can resell, rent or buy the former used. You can't do any of that with the latter. I also like the feeling of actually owning a copy of a game. With the boxart, the case, the manual. There's no stopping game companies from using recycled plastic and paper so the whole environmental sustainability argument doesn't fly.