By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter Tri: Classic Controller Pro versus Wii Remote and Nunchuk

Monster Hunter Tri: Classic Controller Pro versus Wii Remote and Nunchuk

I love my Classic Controller Pro 34 35.79%

Nothing but the Wii Remote and Nunchuk 31 32.63%

I use my Jedi powers 29 30.53%

Total:94

I just started the game (with the classic controller) and I was told ingame, that I should point with the wiimote on monsters to add them to my journal. How do you do this with the classic controller? (Maybe I will try the wiimote + nunchuck combo next time, I am not a big fan of traditional controllers anymore ...)

Around the Network

It's really easy to play with the Wiimote+Nunchuk. I haven't played with the CCP but I imagine that it would be even easier.

I bought the CC pro but have found the wiimote and nunchuck much more confortbale in my hands. plus motion is used well and works awesomely

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

When I get Monster Hunter, I will use the Wii remote an nunchuck. I already have two classic controllers and don't need another "Pro" one. I believe the CC pro is designed to make it easier for people that played previous Monster Hunter games, which I have not. To have to use the CC pro in order to be good though, I think is debatable. It depends on what you like and are used to.

Soma said:
masschamber said:
Soma said:
which are the differences between both controls? Are there motion controls with Wiimote-Nunchuck?

CC pro is much more comfortable than the original CC, and that's about it

the wii mote controls are position controls similar to No More Heroes

But, does the WiiMote-Nunchuck combination offers motion controls? Cursor in menus? or something? Or just pressing buttons with the camera in the Dpad?

sort of motion, you hold the wii remote side wise for some attacks, vertical for others, etc, the pointer is used for menu navigation and entering monsters into the database

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
hentai_11 said:
I just started the game (with the classic controller) and I was told ingame, that I should point with the wiimote on monsters to add them to my journal. How do you do this with the classic controller? (Maybe I will try the wiimote + nunchuck combo next time, I am not a big fan of traditional controllers anymore ...)

Press minus on your classic controller and open the journal, pick up your wii remote which the classic controller is connected to, point the cursor at the monster you want to add, press B and drag it to the journal in the bottom right, put your wii remote down again and resume the game.

masschamber said:
Soma said:
masschamber said:
Soma said:
which are the differences between both controls? Are there motion controls with Wiimote-Nunchuck?

CC pro is much more comfortable than the original CC, and that's about it

the wii mote controls are position controls similar to No More Heroes

But, does the WiiMote-Nunchuck combination offers motion controls? Cursor in menus? or something? Or just pressing buttons with the camera in the Dpad?

sort of motion, you hold the wii remote side wise for some attacks, vertical for others, etc, the pointer is used for menu navigation and entering monsters into the database

interesting, thanks. I'll give it a try with the WiiMote first then. Anyway, I bought the CC Pro mainly for multiplayer Virtual Console games (already had the classic controler)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Since you will be needing the pointer function regularly, I heavily recommend using Wiimote + Nunchuk. The button layout on the CC also doesn't make much sense.

It seems like there is an even split between CC Pro, Wii Remote, and Jedi Powers. Hmmmm, since I am not strong with the Force, I think I will try the Wii Remote option first. It has been awhile since I played with a traditional controller and it would take time to get used to it again. I will post my opinions here later this weekend.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

Based on the demo, id say Wiimote for every style except Great Sword. When using that weapon, you have to "hold up" the Wiimote to charge an attack (similar to the Okami Wii swords). This, personally, is now where near as responive to quick as a button.

Everyother style works great though (personally i love the new switchaxe).