By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do You Read Newspapers?

Daily Mail. Best paper on the market

The (second) most popular paper in Britain!

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Daily Mail. Best paper on the market

The (second) most popular paper in Britain!

popularity does not eqaute to quality...

Süddeutsche Zeitung (on Fridays & Saturdays)

Rarely. I prefer internet news- I can read about interesting stuff while not having to skip over articles about council flat improvements.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yep, I read the local paper when I get the chance.

Around the Network

Meh.

Its not just the Daily Mail thats got a slight bias slant, all the papers do. As someone once said when they bought an unprofitable paper:

I haven't bought it for the money, Ive bought it for the influence...

Almost daily I like to know what is going on around the town and the schools. Also, to see which of my olds friends or at least someone I once knew got arrested (again).

I used to read the Guardian, then I switched to the Independent. Now I read the Metro because I get the bus everyday and I don't have £1 to waste every day.

I tend to get a lot of my news online by looking up stories on Google news and then flicking through a few articles (flicking through several articles is far better than reading just one, honestly).

FootballFan said:
Meh.

Its not just the Daily Mail thats got a slight bias slant, all the papers do. As someone once said when they bought an unprofitable paper:

I know all papers have a bias, they would succeed if they didn't. However, I get the feeling that you think bias is a binary state. I, like a lot of people, find that the Daily mail is far more bias than most papers. For example...

"I have no strong feelings for or against Broccoli" - Unbias

"I think Broccoli is disgusting" - Bias shown in most papers

"Broccoli is disgusting and evil, it should be locked in jail; if only Diana was here" - Bias in the Daily Mail

highwaystar101 said:
FootballFan said:
Meh.

I know all papers have a bias, they would succeed if they didn't. However, I get the feeling that you think bias is a binary state. I, like a lot of people, find that the Daily mail is far more bias than most papers. For example...

"I have no strong feelings for or against Broccoli" - Unbias

"I think Broccoli is disgusting" - Bias shown in most papers

"Broccoli is disgusting and evil, it should be locked in jail; if only Diana was here" - Bias in the Daily Mail

I thought it was the Express that always go on about Diana, lol

also, this clip MUST be show in this thread: