By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Selnors Graphics prediction Alan Wake review thread.

It will most likely remain at Zero due to this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-alanwake-sub-hd-blog-entry

"Alan Wake is running at 960x540 with 4x multisampling anti-aliasing"

This doesn't mean it won't look really good, it's just that you can't compete for a graphics title with a sub-HD game.

Around the Network
JayReatard said:

This doesn't mean it won't look really good, it's just that you can't compete for a graphics title with a sub-HD game.

Wasn't that debunked by Remedy themselves?

I can't remember...

Carl2291 said:
JayReatard said:

I can't remember...

Read the article, they discuss what Remedy was defining as 720p

disolitude said:
Reading this thread makes me realize that Roger Ebert was so right in saying games can't be art...

Art can not be compared to another piece of art and proclaimed better.

The misunderstandings of the many do not detract from the work of the few.

It could still become the best looking subHD game ever though...

Joke aside, I think that while clearly below God of War 3, it still looks really beautiful, especially for a 360 game.

Pixels are not everything...

Around the Network
JayReatard said:
Carl2291 said:
JayReatard said:

I can't remember...

Read the article, they discuss what Remedy was defining as 720p

MGS4 runs at sub-HD. And that didn't stop it from winning best graphics awards over Gears of War 2, which, if I'm not mistaken, runs at 720p native.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

MGS4 runs at 1280X768..

that is not sub HD..

mM

I think Alan Wake will definitely have the best looking environment and lighting which is about 60% of a game's appearance. I think God of War III will still have better Character models, but overall Alan Wake will be one of if not the best looking game on a console.

disolitude said:
Reading this thread makes me realize that Roger Ebert was so right in saying games can't be art...

Art can not be compared to another piece of art and proclaimed better.

The Academy Awards, the Emmies, the Grammies, the BAFTAs, the Tonies and a multitude of fine art competitions and awards in many countries around the world where there is intense competition and voting and judging and winners declared, and prize money and/or trophies given out to the winners say

HELLO!

And then there are people who will endlessly argue about whether Beethoven or Mozart was the superior composer, or whether Manet or Monet was the better Impressionist, or whether Impressionism or post-Impressionism is the superior art movement.

You might think one piece of art cannot be compared to another and proclaimed better. But there are entire careers and parasitic industries built around making that very judgement in every art form you could name.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ive listened to tons of podcasts and read lots of previews so far not one has said anything about best of anything, almost all of them have said its a good game and some really nice visuals not once have i heard "best graphics" or "best innovative gameplay".

also not once have i heard pure praise there is quite a few things the major podcasts are finding flaws with as well. im not trying to bash im just trying to inform some of you that the information is already out there if your interested. many sites have played through the first episode and are allowed to talk freely about the first part the rest is still under embargo.