By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you impressed? Best looking shooter Ive seen yet

Everyone wants to nitpick on whether it's the greatest looking fps available, but it really doesn't matter. It looks fantastic regardless of what else is out.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

The game looks great but I'm skeptical that Guerilla can create gameplay to match the graphics. After all, no one complained that the original Killzone looked bad, just that everything else sucked.

It makes me even more skeptical to see them putting out "pre-alpha" shots that look that good. Why on Earth are they focusing on graphics so early in the development process? They could very easily fall into the same trap they created with KZ1. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

This game doesn't hold a candle in front of Cruisin'

No way it's the best looking FPS I've ever seen.

IMHO, the grey, monochromatic graphics cannot even get CLOSE to Crysis' lush worlds on a good GeForce 8800. It looks kind of blah from the screens you posted, unless you call 20 different shades of grey 'the best graphics ever'. I'm not saying it looks bad, it actually looks very good for what it is. I'm just that 'Best looking FPS ever' is a HUGE stretch.

I have a question, has anyone accually played Crysis, with no hitches or graphical problems? I find it hard to believe that there are so many people that have the maximum requirements to play this game.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Around the Network

That's looking pretty cool no doubt. The first three images aren't really in-game... Cut scenes perhaps? The other three Leo-j posted look pretty cool to me, though and sort of remind me of Gears of War. Yeah, I know. I'm going to get flamed for saying that -- especially since it is FPS vs. TPS, but it does remind me of Gears none-the-less. Hopefully I'll have a PS3 by then...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
 The first three images aren't really in-game... Cut scenes perhaps?

No. They're all in-game.

Duckaluck said:
I have a question, has anyone accually played Crysis, with no hitches or graphical problems? I find it hard to believe that there are so many people that have the maximum requirements to play this game.

I think the comparison here is from screenshots and videos, not that everyone commenting has played Crysis. Isn't that what this thread referenced from the beginning? Screenshots?

I've compared screenshots and videos side by side, and I think Crysis looks waaaay better. I also have a good friend with a quad core, 4GB RAM, and dual Gefoce8800's PC, so I'll get to see it in action soon.

kn said:
That's looking pretty cool no doubt. The first three images aren't really in-game... Cut scenes perhaps? The other three Leo-j posted look pretty cool to me, though and sort of remind me of Gears of War. Yeah, I know. I'm going to get flamed for saying that -- especially since it is FPS vs. TPS, but it does remind me of Gears none-the-less. Hopefully I'll have a PS3 by then...

Me too! I didn't say anything for fear of being flamed to death, but now that you say it... I AGREE! Maybe it's the grey, industrial looking color palette?

Timmah! said:
Duckaluck said:

I think the comparison here is from screenshots and videos, not that everyone commenting has played Crysis. Isn't that what this thread referenced from the beginning? Screenshots?

I've compared screenshots and videos side by side, and I think Crysis looks waaaay better. I also have a good friend with a quad core, 4GB RAM, and dual Gefoce8800's PC, so I'll get to see it in action soon.

Dude like I said the graphcis card and ram arent the only thing that matter when taking about graphics. Why da hell did this go to a crysis vs kz2 thing.

I forgot to put consoles in their.

mM