By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 17 million for 360?

tabsina said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Even if they doubled sales per week, they likely couldn't pass 16 million (too lazy to do math).

Blast.. if only there was some sort of special shopping season between now and the end of the year where console sales were more than likely to spike........

I laughed.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Do you mean the actual physical year or the financial year(which ends around march). I agree though that around 15-16 tops is more realistic. As far as the over tracken goes acording to the npd numbers out of the last 5 months I think the 360 has been overtracked once and undear racked 4 times(not sure about the other numbers).

"""Hopefully, some people here will learn how Christmas sales work in a few weeks."""

==> come on, your 17.5M Xbox360 prediction a bit unrealistic

are you really expecting more than +4M (13.5 to 17.5) sales in 6 weeks ?

even my 8M PS3 prediction (+2M) is more safe.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
"""Hopefully, some people here will learn how Christmas sales work in a few weeks."""

==> come on, your 17.5M Xbox360 prediction a bit unrealistic

are you really expecting more than +4M (13.5 to 17.5) sales in 6 weeks ?

even my 8M PS3 prediction (+2M) is more safe.

I said 15.5 minimum, 17.5 maximum. 17.5 is only possible if holiday sales are great not only in USA but also in Europe and Japan.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Unlikely, but only time will tell.

Around the Network

i dont think any console can do more than 750k a week. having said that i dont even think the wii will reach the 18 million mark. let alone the 360 meeting 17million. this is purely because i dont think they can manufacture that many consoles so quickly.

Jandre02 said:
15.5 max. Demand for the Xbox isnt going to magically sky rocket with no more games left for 07

But there may yet be some fantastic deals for the 360. Last holiday season Microsoft had a $100 rebate offer going for 360 purchases. The Halo 3 deal is lame, though, so hopefully it won't boost sales. For example, if you bought a 360 for someone for Christmas hoping to capitalize on the Halo 3 deal, it would expire before Christmas Eve (I think it expires on the 22nd) and it requires signing onto live to get it.

Deals can really boost 360 sales. Microsoft knows this.

i dont think any console can do more than 750k a week. having said that i dont even think the wii will reach the 18 million mark. let alone the 360 meeting 17million. this is purely because i dont think they can manufacture that many consoles so quickly.

Nintendo can't sells Wiis that don't exist.  I wish they could meet supply, but their final sales numbers are at the mercy of their factories and whatever Wiis they can move from their Japanese warehouses (requires changing the region locking). 

TheBigFatJ said:
Jandre02 said:
15.5 max. Demand for the Xbox isnt going to magically sky rocket with no more games left for 07

But there may yet be some fantastic deals for the 360. Last holiday season Microsoft had a $100 rebate offer going for 360 purchases. The Halo 3 deal is lame, though, so hopefully it won't boost sales. For example, if you bought a 360 for someone for Christmas hoping to capitalize on the Halo 3 deal, it would expire before Christmas Eve (I think it expires on the 22nd) and it requires signing onto live to get it.

Deals can really boost 360 sales. Microsoft knows this.

Nintendo can't sells Wiis that don't exist.  I wish they could meet supply, but their final sales numbers are at the mercy of their factories and whatever Wiis they can move from their Japanese warehouses (requires changing the region locking). 

exactly my point. if nintendo can produce 3 million consoles a month, then 20 million and even beyond by the end of the calender year is more than possible. however, i also think thats just too many a month in terms of quality control.

last year in the same period it did 2.3 million,...I'd say 16 million is it's absolute maximum (that would be 2.6 million in the same period)

last years last 6 weeks.
Console X360
Total 2,303,806
America 1,521,863
Japan 105,210
Total Others 676,733

Also the last couple of weeks it has been similar to what it sold last year:
w/ending 13th Nov 2006------- 193k
w/ending 20th Nov 2006------- 245k

w/ending 11th Nov 2007------- 204k
w/ending 18th Nov 2007------- 225k

17.5m? Heh, uh, NO.