By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

trangentspree said:

GANONDORF: HIS SECRET SHAME - THE STORY OF HOW HE GOT HIMSELF RENDERED IMPOTENT

RRP: £10.99

When I said that I was similair to Captain Falcon in one sense I was referring to his two win conditions - unlike him though I had to meet both of mine. They were simply to rid the town of the subspace threat, and to avoid being hunted down by Link who would try to kill me every night.

My abilities:

• Control - I would get a random selection of 4 players each night and I could pick one to find out all their info and control their night action. I only did this for SciFiBoy after finding out who Link was via my other ability. I can tell you he is some sort of spy and I used his ability to find out the role of another player - but SciFiBoy is the only antitown I have uncovered.
  • Triforce Detector - I could use this in trying to locate a piece of the triforce - ie Link. There was only a 25% chance of being successful the first try, but it increased in 25% increments with each attempt. I got him with my second attempt.

I didn't have my own nightkill move, unless I happened to control a player during the night with a nightkill move that I could then redirect (I only got to control SciFiBoy's spy ability). Attempting to kill Link during the night via somebody else would have been the ideal, but when I saw that KingFate had managed to gather so many votes against himself - it just made the whole thing so much easier, and it freed my choices up for that night.

And just as I had freed myself of the little green menace, I go and get myself rendered impotent. Figures. >_>

that is my ability, im not subspace though...im Lucario...

I investigated theRepublic night 1 - came up as Luigi

I investigated Vetteman94 night 2 - came up as Kirby

I investigated Trucks night 3 - im guessing you switched that though?

unvote: trangentspree

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Do you realize how shitty of a townie you have been this game?

So, therepublic, who are your top suspects?

theRepublic said:
trangentspree said:
  • Control - I would get a random selection of 4 players each night and I could pick one to find out all their info and control their night action. I only did this for SciFiBoy after finding out who Link was via my other ability. I can tell you he is some sort of spy and I used his ability to find out the role of another player - but SciFiBoy is the only antitown I have uncovered.

How do you know he is anti-town?

If that other person who's role you know is still alive, consider spilling the beans.  There is no guarantee you will make it through the night, and with how small my suspect list is right now, that extra piece of information could help my zero in on BOTH Subspace scum remaining.  (Yes, I think there are only two left.)

It was in part of the info I was told. After reviewing that info again:

ScifiBoy is the "Spying Primid who likes scopes."

He took orders from somebody else

He could find out who a person was, but can't see the roles they perform.

that makes sense actually, I havent heard from j0 about my investigation of Trucks yet, Trangent controlling my power explains that.

@SciFiBoy: I was emprisonned last night, no action would affect me.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Final-Fan said:
I love how dsister's theory assumes the existence of a mafia bus driver. Any reason for your confidence on this dsister?

Nope. ^^

I love how one of truck's theories involves the town's bus driver come back from the dead

And how the other two involve a second pro-town with a night-kill

Also could you answer the question I asked you ~a dozen posts back

My first theory involves a switch. It doesn't have to be a bus driver. It could be a body snatcher.

Signature goes here!

Wow, a few thoughts:

@ dsister: I don't remember, what was your question? Also what TOS just said.

Unvote trangentspree

@ SFB: *headdesk* there was probably a way to communicate your thoughts without actually roleclaiming. Like trying to find a way to comment on trangent's claims without actually confirming stuff.

@ trangentspree: What the heck is a Spying Primid supposed to be? I don't remember that from Brawl...

@ the Hand: I haven't got a PM telling me I was nerfed yet, can I presume I didn't cross the line?

@ trangent again: who did you investigate with SFB's powers?
and who are they?
(and @ the person he targeted: don't outright say yes if he's correct but say no if he's wrong.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Did your power in any way, shape, or form affect the outcome of my role night action?

Edited

Final-Fan said:
@ dsister: I don't remember, what was your question?

Oh, I see:  "did your role in anyway, shape, or form affect mine?"

Well, I'm inclined to be cautious considering I think I've so far gotten away with my previous posts without devolving into a townie.  I don't want to say a little bit more and get nerfed, that would be really embarrassing. 

I'd rather you ask TOS or theRepublic what they think. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
@ the Hand: I haven't got a PM telling me I was nerfed yet, can I presume I didn't cross the line?

Never mind, I'll just go ahead and presume it