By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 4 20 time. Its time to smoke. Happy 4 20 who is smoking today?

Hey, people I know many of you don't smoke Cannibis, but today is 420 and potheads all over the world need to smoke bud today to celebrate the drug, push for its legalization etc. 

Does anybody know were the love of 420 came from? I always heard in the US it became popular because cops would call a four twenty in progress when a crime a marijuana crime was being commited. Does anybody else know or have an amusing story behind

To all the Americas European and other friends, is 4 20 a pot holiday in your country?

Lets smoke to peace today and for a safer alternative to alcohol PEACE!!!

Around the Network

I hate this time every year. Not that I'm against pot at all (I'd love to see it legalized), but I have to listen to potheads crack jokes about pot and talk about it all the time like they're in middle school.

So, it is no different than any other day for a pot head?

@ games for fun

Depends on the person, but I don't smoke everyday so its fun. Its Just like celebrating gettin drunk on ol drunken Irish day.
I look at it as a time to protest with large groups of people.

@ MontanaHachet and leo-J What are you the fun police?

I went to school and every high schooler was like "DAM 4 20 DAW !! WE SMOKIN A JOINT!"

it's pathetic in my opinion, and stupid.. although I do believe if alcohol is legal, then there is no reason why marijuana shouldn't be legal either, I still think its stupid that people actually just do this because everyone else is doing it..

isn't it illegal to smoke? How have the cops completely ignored half the US population talking about this and smoking to the point of getting high?

mM
Around the Network

I heard it was that the fine for smoking it was $420..

Either way, if you are Jewish and a stoner can you really celebrate today? After all, this is Hitler's birthday - just an interesting piece of information

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

420 is such a dumb day that I doubt I will ever celebrate again. Everyone pretends to love pot when half have no idea what they fucking talking about. It is way too obvious and on top of that its Hitler's bday and the colombine anniversary.

Oh and the story I heard was that a bunch of teens in California would smoke pot everyday behind their school at 420 and they somehow spread that idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I don't smoke at all, today is no different.

The 420 joke came from a couple high schoolers in California, who then got it popular with the Grateful Dead followers who spread it all across the state. Then I think it was mentioned in some magazine, probably High Times or something, and it went worldwide. It really has no original meaning other than being some joke code word in a group of 3 or 4 friends. Every year this week web sites post their annual "Where Did 420 Come From?" history articles.

I had a customer at a restaurant with a 420 tattoo. It was really hard not to laugh while taking his order. I kept imagining explaining that tattoo to a kid. But then again, I actually know a guy whose dad has a psychedlic mushroom tattoo on his shoulder, and just said "oh that was a Navy thing."

leo-j said:
I went to school and every high schooler was like "DAM 4 20 DAW !! WE SMOKIN A JOINT!"

it's pathetic in my opinion, and stupid.. although I do believe if alcohol is legal, then there is no reason why marijuana shouldn't be legal either, I still think its stupid that people actually just do this because everyone else is doing it..

isn't it illegal to smoke? How have the cops completely ignored half the US population talking about this and smoking to the point of getting high?

Says the guy whose favorite musician is Lady Gaga.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.