By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Take On Nintendo And why I Sat this Generation Out

RCTjunkie said:
What I got from that was that the main thing in gaming for you is graphics, Nintendo didn't live up to your expectation in graphics, and now you call their games crap (with a k?)

k.

Thank you for summarizing this for me

If graphics is all you worry about why ddi you not just PC game all this time?

Around the Network

par·a·graph(s)

to divide into paragraphs.

That being said, sorry you're missing out.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Did I just travel back in time?

Fortunately, the evolution of gaming isn't just for "THE ELITIST". Mass market appeal, new genres, different and unique games, broadening the term "GAMER" to everyone... will keep this industry from becoming stagnant and continue to make this hobby an experience many will continue to enjoy.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

I hate the HD consoles because they can't compete with Nintendo for Nintendo games.

caz604 said:
Did I just travel back in time?

No it's just the monthy "Bawwww I'm leaving Nintendo 'cause they betray me" thread, some kind of werid tradition on every single gaming forum. Now expect 30 pages of lulz before the thread gets closed

Around the Network

Blah blah blah. 

Another person aggravated that the world doesn't fit into their preferred vision.

Everything changes.  That's life.  Either you can enjoy it for whatever good it happens to bring, relish in your nostalgia, or try to create an elaborate plan to become a great game designer/business figure in the hopes of one day infultrating Nintendo's business heirarchy and forcing your viewpoints regardless if it is the right thing for the company.

But do you really expect us to read your rants?  If we ceded to every opinion-wielding individual demanding an audience, we wouldn't have time to live our own lives.

who cares? don't like it don't play it. seriously this kind of threads are ridiculous.

I don't find the Xbox or the PS3 appealing to me and I don't write such threads. Why is that "gamers" like you have this need to write this?

That mentality is outdated, childish and in the end personal. That means that nobody gives a damn. That you don't see games far from your sight and that you have issues.

Grow up.

Do this... try playing Little King's Story... And don't go into it thinking, I need blood and guts and gore. Charming graphics give just as much a feel good feeling as HD graphics. Further, the best looking game last year was Muramasa on the wii.

I'd say...

1) Nintendo's 1st party Wii lineup RAPES their GCN lineup. No contest.

2) Wii is actually the best way to play N64 games outside a PC. 480p baby!

I think i understand what youre saying from the graphical point of view (kinda?), cause i think i kinda feel the same way. You think that because of the less powerful system, the games are going to suffer, which I feel they have. I think youre trying to say that because of the less power, the games suffer in things such as online play and a believable and captivation environment in a way. You feel that this gen Nintendo is more for the money and being Number 1 instead of being good to the gamer.

I dunno, thats what i'm getting at.