By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Arc Rise Fantasia videos from IGN, English dubs

New Arc Rise Fantasia videos from IGN, English dubs

Total:0

"You messed with the wrong bunch?"

Come'on Ignition. It's people.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Wow they are TERRIBLE

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

that video by kanjitech is NSFW thats a vagina shaped tree =s
the voices are horrible too.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

GameTrailers just released a preview for the game: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-arc-rise/100207

Voices are once again a concern but it looks like we'll be able to use GameCube controllers for this game. Small victories?

Well you know, there are cases in which I prefer text only and this is probably one of them. I don't think there should be voice acting at all, if it's not going to be done properly. If one or two characters sound bad and the rest are fine, then it's alright. But if they're all mediocre, text only please! It could hurt the sales (because some people might think the game looks cheap) and they've spent extra money for it.

But when it comes to game ratings, it's a lose-lose situation for a company like this. I mean they probably can't afford to hire higher profiled actors, so it's either they lose a few points in ratings because of bad voices or they lose points for none at all. >_

Around the Network

I lol'ed at the preview... ^^

"From the few hours we spent with Arc Rise Fantasia, the voices are a big concern."
"What nonsense is THIS!?"

Soriku said:

This game better have a turn off voice option...

That's what I'm hoping for too.  Or better yet, an option for the Japanese voices.

I'm still buying this game though...

Holy hell, just watched 'They Meet'.

It was... awkward.

Don't worry, Zentendo just confirmed that there IS an option to turn off the voice acting in the game. So that issue is resolved.

The graphics are horrible, the voice acting is horrible, and the gameplay is over the top.  No thanks.