By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wow -- Wii with Wii Play now fetching $500+ on Ebay

The  scalpers are busy.  There are 10,000 wiis listed on ebay with recent bids (and won ones) exceeding $500 for a wii in the box with Wii Play...  That's nuts.  I wish I would have known that it was going to get this bad.   I would have bought several.  I generally hate scalpers, but that's just too good to pass on...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

wow, this really is crazy... at amazon marketplace it's starting from $530.

hmm, wasn't exactly expecting this. it's like launch 2006 over again.

the Wii is an epidemic.

All this while the 360 and PS3 are doing price cuts. More sad for the PS3 of course

I know. I really want to have $250 that I can go without for a week or so. =/

SW-5120-1900-6153

See the smart thing to do is enter a contest and win it, I just entered one today, the contest ends at the end of november so I'll be playing mine in about 10 days.

Around the Network

This is a pretty interesting discovery in the console war. People used to think it was all about price, but if you create enough demand, price is a non issue. The 360 sold more units at 399.00 than they did at 199.00 for the same time frames. The 360 outsells or is on par with the PS3 even at only $50 less. Currently the Wii is fetching at higher prices than either of the others. Price is a non issue in reality. Look at the Ipod! Spend more and get less!

I was at work the other day, and when I went on a computer, someone had the net to ebay, and they were betting on a Wii with Wii play and a nunchuck. They didn't get it, but it went for $551 Canadian. Crazyness I say.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Thats just stupid. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail for it. Amazon is the same way right now. All the sellers just bought up the stock cause Nintendo said there would be a shortage. Now they can sell them for whatever suckers are willing to pay.

Very stupid, it is...

I went on Amazon to look up a Wii for my friend.....and it said:

"Nintendo Wii FROM $549" That means the cheapest Wii is more expensive than a retail PS3. Scalping at its' best hahaha

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"