By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game had the best story of all time?

coolbeans said:
RageBot said:

KotOR? Think back about it, realize that you can sum the story in three lines.

Do you mean you can summarize the plot in three lines?

Depends on how long the lines are :P

I still don't really think KotOR's story is that good (many pepole take the sidequests, some of which were great, and combine them with the main narrative of the game), but that's how it is with the usual Bioware formula of having four big areas that you can visit in whichever order you like, with none of the actually impacting the story by themselves.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
RageBot said:

I still don't really think KotOR's story is that good (many pepole take the sidequests, some of which were great, and combine them with the main narrative of the game), but that's how it is with the usual Bioware formula of having four big areas that you can visit in whichever order you like, with none of the actually impacting the story by themselves.

KotOR's story wasn't great, but it was competently written and cohesive, which is enough for a lot of people.

What did you think of the story in the sequel?

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:

KotOR's story wasn't great, but it was competently written and cohesive, which is enough for a lot of people.

It's on my "to play" list :P.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:

It was written by the guy who wrote Planescape: Torment, if that means anything.

Wait, we've had this conversation before.

Yeah I like easy and followable plots that make sense not this bs I get in 3/4 JRPGs :D

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
Khuutra said:
RageBot said:

It was written by the guy who wrote Planescape: Torment, if that means anything.

Did we? When?

RageBot said:
Khuutra said:

Did we? When?

I'm not sure, but I could swear we have.

It ended with me going "Get the PC version, there's a fanmade patch that re-adds the missing content"

And it's written by Chris Avellone. It's actually the game I would pick as the best-written I've ever played in many ways, and contains what is probably the single most complex character in the hisotry of the medium.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

That game had an intricate plot that fascinated me more than the story in any other game.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Khuutra said:
RageBot said:
Khuutra said:

Did we? When?

It ended with me going "Get the PC version, there's a fanmade patch that re-adds the missing content"

And it's written by Chris Avellone. It's actually the game I would pick as the best-written I've ever played in many ways, and contains what is probably the single most complex character in the hisotry of the medium.

I don't think I ever talked to you about that. :P

And yeah, I heard that the game could've been an incredible masterpiece if it was not rushed (heard that the ending was cut or something), I also heard that the fan-made patch was recently released, so maybe i'll give it a go sometime soon.

RageBot said:
Khuutra said:

I don't think I ever talked to you about that. :P

And yeah, I heard that the game could've been an incredible masterpiece if it was not rushed (heard that the ending was cut or something), I also heard that the fan-made patch was recently released, so maybe i'll give it a go sometime soon.

It is the best thing to comeo ut of the Star Wars continuity since The Empire Strikes Back, and isn't actually costrained by its setting. You gotta play it. Gotta! Gotta.