By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to fix MW2 (my ideas/opinion)

Hey guys. I know I'm not the only one here who is very disappointed with how MW2 turned out. I think anybody that played a lot of Call of Duty 4 pretty much hates this game like I do. Now the game is bad but its not beyond repair. So here is my list of the problems in MW2 and how to fix them.

1. Commando: I'm pretty sure everyone has had this happen where they see someone running at them, put about 3-4 shots into the guy, but he keeps on running and knifes you. Yeah that's commando for you. Possibly the most annoying thing in the game. How can they fix it? Well my solution is to cut down the distance of the regular knife (without commando) in half; and then make it so commando brings your knifing distance back to what it is now (without commando). So this will mean if you don't use commando your knifing distance is halved, and if you use commando your knifing distance is what it is now WITHOUT using commando. (the other option is take it out of the game completely)

2. Noob Tubes + One Man army/scavenger: I'm sure if you've played MW2 you've ran into a guy using Noob tube with either one man army or scavenger to give himself unlimited noob tubes. This is a huge problem but a simple fix. When you scavenge somebody you get gun ammo and grenades and stuff, but you don't get more noob tubes. As for one man army how about making it so you can only switch to another class once per life. So yeah losers who use Noob tube + one man army can still get up to 4 noob tubes by switching classes once, but that's it. Also the time it takes to switch classes with one man army should be lengthened. Right now its 5 seconds for one many army, and 3 seconds for the pro version. How about making it 15 seconds without pro, and 7.5 seconds with pro.

3. Nuke Boosters: Guys who don't have the talent to get nukes legitimitely so they get a friend to help them. The simple fix is take out tactical insertion. 90% of the people who use tactical insertion use it for nuke boosting and/or glitching so why not take it out entirely. I know its not fair for the 10% who use tac insertion properly; but we all have to make sacrifices.

4. Horrible spawn system: If you've played MW2, you've had an enemy spawn with you in their crosshairs. There's no way to avoid it. This one is tougher to think of solutions; so far the best I can come up with is when you die you spawn the furthest distance possible from players on the enemy team and you are invincible from any damage for 10 seconds. That's just my solution, I'm sure if IW cared about the community they could come up with something better.

5. Overpowered secondaries: You could argue this isn't a problem; but come on, if you played any CoD4 there was the perk called overkill which gives you 2 primary weapons...well that's basically what it is in MW2. Everyone gets overkill. The fact that you can be a sniper and also have a shotgun or machine pistol is ridiculous. My solution is take machine pistols out of the game, and make shotguns a primary weapon. Pistols and launchers can remain the only options for secondaries.

6. Akimbo: Yeah akimbo is a problem, its overpowered completely and is not realistic at all. The only weapons where akimbo should be allowed is with pistols. Do not allow SMGs or Shotguns to be akimboed. Also when using akimbo pistols it should take longer to switch to them, take longer to reload and be less accurate.

7. Lag and host advantage: Dedicated servers. Bad Company 2 has dedicated servers. Why can't Modern Warfare 2? It would make it so everyone has a fair chance rather then the people with better connection to the host has the advantage.

8. Campers: Modern Warfare 2 has a problem. They are called campers. People that are so untalented  at the game they have to hide in a corner in a low traffic area to get kills. IW needs to find a way to discourage campers. So far the best solutions I've thought of are if you spend too much time in the same small area during a game (not counting snipers) then will get no XP at the end of the game. Solution #2 is if you stay in the same maybe 10 foot radius too long (not counting snipers) then you slowly lose health to the point where it will only take 1 bullet to kill you; and to get your health back you have to start moving around. Solution #3 kind of goes against my solution for the bad spawn system but if you get killed by a guy who is a camper (has been in the same spot for more than maybe ~10 seconds) then you respawn immediately, and you spawn directly behind the guy who killed you so you get a free kill on the asshole camper.

Okay so that's the end of my rant/solutions. If you guys have any other ideas let me know or if you think I should just shut up and deal with it let me know too.

I can't wait for Red Dead Redemption and ModNation Racers and also to buy Splinter Cell so I can stop playing this horribly broken game.

Around the Network

4, 7 and 8 are problems that exist in a huge amount of FPS games. Dedicated servers are great though, when I switched from Killzone 2 to MW2 I was amazed at the amount of lag that showed up in MW2. Killzone 2 runs almost without a hitch.

I don't really think Akimbo is a problem, sure it's ridiculous, but I've never found using it, or playing against opposing players using it to be overpowered, or even that much different to another class.

I love my overpowered secondaries. I equip a sniper and keep a striker shotgun in my back pocket for when they come close. I'd be annoyed if they removed that.

Well I am annoyed as all hell at nuke boosting and nubetubes. I think the camping got so out of hand a month after the game came out that games got boring. I was part of the problem as I am a camper, but it is annoying when half or more of the players are camping and you never see anyone.

Oh, and I disagree that it is worse than 4, I actually prefer COD 5 and 6 over 4. I just think that nukes should be eliminated because trying to play free for all was horrible when every three matches some dork teenager would be nuke boosting with some annoying ten year old. I ended up in a lot of screaming matches with these boosters and around 4/5 times it was teenagers or ten year olds.

I think someone is overreacting, seriously, if someone is running towards you, knife them before they knife you! The game is great because of the depth, the amount of options give you both advantages and disadvantages, learn to use them properly and you may enjoy the game more.

Also Noob Tube, I have recently started using Tar with grenade launcher and thumper as secondary, claymores as equipment with danger close pro, scavenger pro and commando pro I think.. Now the beauty of this set up is that I get to kill people like you that don't adapt! I sit up the top of a building in Invasion while people run this way and that and I kill them, the smart ones generally try to kill me from behind, of course i ever never ending supplies of claymores but they could still get through if they wanted to, a grenade launcher would kill me too! It's quite easy to have a class as a defense against me; riot shield, blast shield.. That's what I have anyway..

You also think Akimbo is overpowered, why don't you try using it then to give yourself an advantage? I've used Akimbo rangers before, I have a class dedicated to them, they have their disadvantages too, if you miss your target, or if the target is just that little bit too far away when you turn a corner, you're screwed.

MW2 is great because of all these 'problems' you have to adapt every match which I find fun.

edit: I'll agree that dedicated servers would be ideal, and respawning in front of enemies is annoying but generally I have a pretty good connection and I haven't died that many times because I've respawned in front of an enemy, I know a friend of mine has really bad luck with that though :P

puffy said:a you're screwed.

MW2 is great because of all these 'problems' you have to adapt every match which I find fun.

Tell me how do you actually adapt to nukeboosting? It is pure cheating and the match will often end before you hunt the annoying cheaters down.  

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Tell me how do you actually adapt to nukeboosting? It is pure cheating and the match will often end before you hunt the annoying cheaters down.  

Never had it happen to me

puffy said:
chocoloco said:

Never had it happen to me

Do you play free for all? Also it did happen to you, you probably were just ignorant of it because once you see it you will find it all the time.

It probably happens less in team games, yet it still was out of control.

What i would do.

1. Fix the glitches.
2. Find a way to ban the boosters/hackers
3. Clean up the leaderboard of those said boosters/hackers
4. In Search and Destroy, make Grenade Launcher's/ Thumper's non-usable for the first Minute of the Round.
5. Dedicated Servers. I'm sick and tired of going into a game and getting Yellow connection. All games should be in the Greens.

Your point about Camper's just seems to me that you keep getting killed by them. Let me guess, you use an SMG and run aound the map with Marathon/ Lightweight running and gunning.

The "camper" is likely using a Sniper Rifle or an Assault Rifle. And laughing his arse off as you constantly run into his line of sight trying to spray him or throw grenades at him.

Simple solution to this - Stop running in the areas that campers are looking at, think of a way to get around him, and kill him from the side or from behind.

And i have also never had a problem with "Nuke Boosting".

I've only ever been Nuked once. And nobody on my team had over 15 deaths so...

To me number 2 & 7 are the major issues followed by horrible spawning kill a guy and he spawns right behind you.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller