By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Naughty Dog: NPD Covers Wal-Mart Sales!

loadedstatement said:
I can't believe people have taken this and twisted it. First you need to realize that no company tracks 100% of the sales. Every tracking firm tracks a small percentage and estimates about the whole population. The bigger the sample, the more accurate your predictions are. NPD has stated they do not track Wal-Mart, meaning they do not get numbers from Wal-Mart anymore. BUT, they still account for them in their sales numbers when estimating about the population, of course, and always have.

You and nordlead need to quit copying me I've said this already lol but yes this is probably the clearest explanation.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

The reason Wal-mart doesn't give away their data is because of its worth. They have one of the largest and most sophisticated databases in the world. That's how Wal-mart makes so much money, they are data kings. They wouldn't give away the data unless they were paid a large amount of money for it.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.