By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Multiplatform engines didn't do the Xbox 360 justice.

lan Wake is shaping up to be the best looking game this generation.

I don't see it come anyway close to Uncharted 2's visuals. Cool game and some cool effects, but nowhere near worth such hype.

I understand that may be dissapointing to some as this title was under development for about 5 years.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
slowmo said:
whatever said:
slowmo said:
The article is well written and accurate, such a shame his opinion on how good Alan Wake is will be the only thing people cannot get past. At the end of the day its just his opinion so no point just ripping on the article for that point.

The people saying the article writer is a xbox fanboy should be banned from this site, you're the worst kind of poster on here. Anything that doesn't praise the PS3 to hilt gets branded a biased site on here and its getting very old and its about time the mod team clamped down on the bullshit.

So if he is a fanboy, people shouldn't be allowed to talk about it???  That's the silliest comment I've seen here in a while.  Anyone can go read his other articles and decide for themselves.  I have no interest in doing this as I have better things to do with my time.  But if others go read the articles and want to post there impressions here, they should be free to do so.

No he isn't a fanboy, do you bother to read posts or just get all defensive and dramatic when people try to stop you trolling.

He has an opinion that a game looks better on the 360 than some on the PS3 (which is completely subjective), that doesn't make HIM a fanboy because his opinion differs to yours.  Get over yourself already and stop acting like a primary school child.

Have you read any of mister Dajani's other articles go ahead and then come back and say he is not a fanboy.

zgamer5 said:
god when will you people learn, yes a better engine will help visually, but it's the power of the console which makes the difrence. like i've said many times the ps3 is more powerful then the 360 that's why exclusives have better graphics. if exclusive games for both consoles used the same engine, the ps3 exclusives would still look better.

if exclusive games for both consoles would use the same engine, it would be a "multiplatform" engine u super intelligent troll.

most multiplatform engines run better on 360 - which completly destroys ur argument.

if you talk about graphical-power, the 2 consoles are about the same mr troll.

@ Kreshnik

if you talk about graphical-power, the 2 consoles are about the same

No, not really. This is due to Blu-Ray and the Cell processor.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

It should be noted that it is against forum rules to call somebody a fanboy... it would be best to avoid it in the future.

Around the Network

I wouldnt call it the short end of the stick I would call it milking the camels tit dry the Unreal Engine has basically been maxed so a new engine was needed to keep the 360 fresh.

Without a doubt...Multiplatform engines aren't going to get maximum burn...but they aren't suppose to...I'm quite happy with games like ME2 and SC:C, and the forthcoming Gears3. This whole graphics debate is an absolute joke, and what's amazing is that last gen...there were NO graphics debates...now this one...it's all the rage...hmmmm...seems concoted to me. Alan Wake will undoubtedly be a beautiful game, and if it's no the best this gen, it's certianly going to be the best o nthe 360 at the very least. But here's the thing...It would STILL look better on a PC...so this whole debate is a red herring, imho.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

There are very few 360 exclusive games that have close to the same budget as some of the PS3 games used to showcase the system's graphic prowess. For example the only one that really stands out is Halo 3 and a significant amount of the work that went into that was into the AI and other things that can't be seen when simply looking at graphics. Or you have something like Forza in which the developers have to have 2 or more versions out in the same time that Gran Turismo is basically releasing one. Then there are games in which the resources are split among 360 and PC and even though they are similar there's still a significant amount of resources that go into making sure it works with a gazillion PC configurations, etc.

The future is BLU!

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
I wrote an article about this very issue. In this very forum about 2-3 months back.

Everyone Laughed in my face. Then Gamersyde Previewed Alan Wake and backed me up by saying the very thing I wrote an article about. Then everyone here called Gamersyde a nobody when they said Alan Wake was at the forefront of console graphics.

I wonder if CGI Quality will get the same comments as I did, for an article about the exact same thing.

I think it's all on how you present yourself. Unfortunately, people will always get on you selnor (sometimes you DO say things that you shouldn't) but nobody's perfect.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=102347

Look at the date I made the article.

I see nothing untoward in my article. Even praising Sony.

Some liked the article. But it went downhill quick.

Sometimes I do say thingsI shouldn't. But it's so hard when for the last 3 years Ive been saying the 360 is just as capable and it will eventually show it. Now it has. So I'm finally vindicated. ;)

@Bolded,

When you keep saying something, it will eventually come true ^^