By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Multiplatform engines didn't do the Xbox 360 justice.

Why do I see this thread turning into another fanboy flame war....

Around the Network

I think Crysis 2 already being named the best looking console game yet sort of undermines this.

CGI-Quality said:
Darc Requiem said:
Why do I see this thread turning into another fanboy flame war....

It certainly shouldn't. I posted it particulrly because I agree with it's main point, the 360 has been getting the short end of the stick for quite sometime. New engines should fix that.

Oh I agree with point of the article. I think that making this a thread topic is a good thing. However, the vast majority of this forum can't seem to take their fanboy goggles off long enough to have a rational discussion.

I'm not saying hes wrong because Alan Wake does look fantastic, but Ahmad Dajani (the writer for VGarabia) is the biggest xbox fanboy douchebag out there so you can see what he was trying to do with this article.

Multiplatform is never designed to capitalize on visuals to the fullest but it is cheapest. It'll be interesting to see if Alan Wake or Halo: Reach do look as good as they seem.

Around the Network

I wrote an article about this very issue. In this very forum about 2-3 months back.

Everyone Laughed in my face. Then Gamersyde Previewed Alan Wake and backed me up by saying the very thing I wrote an article about. Then everyone here called Gamersyde a nobody when they said Alan Wake was at the forefront of console graphics.

I wonder if CGI Quality will get the same comments as I did, for an article about the exact same thing.

Alan Wake, while sporting some of the best lighting I have seen.. No, THE best lighting I have seen on any console, graphically (textures, etc) isn't anything I have not already seen on the PS3. I expect the PS3 to keep making "graphics King" games, because that is what the PS3 has been doing this entire gen. Believe me, Halo: Reach will look great, but it won't/cannot be the graphics king because in order to tout its great online and split-screen multiplayer, needs to take the graphics down a notch or two.

student said:
Multiplatform is never designed to capitalize on visuals to the fullest but it is cheapest. It'll be interesting to see if Alan Wake or Halo: Reach do look as good as they seem.

Took the words out of my mouth.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Microsoft should use this engine in other games. You can say that I'm insane but this engine is capable o running a sandbox game - Crackdown 3 anyone ? Or some new stunning sandbox.

i agree that multiplatform engines dont do the 360 any justice, that is why i believe alan wake is the game to show everyone what a capable graphics machine the 360 can be when a engine is made just for it and also pushed a well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1